- Address: Skałeczna 15, 31-065 Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +48-124217244
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Skalka - Review
Dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel and St. Stanislaus Bishop, the church overlooks the location where the latter was killed by order of Polish King Boleslaw II the Bold. St. Stanislaus died in 1079. The Romanesque church built on this location was replaced with a Gothic one in 1472. That building in turn received a Baroque facelift. Some of the country's most distinguished National personalities are interred under the church. This includes diplomats, poets, freedom fighters, historians, artists, painters, sculptors, composers, Theatre directors and even a Nobel Prize recipient (Czeslaw Milosz). The church rises over the Vistula River some distance south of Wavel Hill. For a long while, members of the cult of Stanislaw considered this church an important place of pilgrimage. In fact, some still do.
- Opening hours provided here are based on mass timings. Actual visiting hours may be different. Confirm with the church before your visit.
- Visiting is prohibited to during Mass.
- Sundays and holidays 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Mondays to Saturdays 7 a.m., 8 a.m., 4 p.m., 7 p.m.
How To reach Skalka by Public Transport
- Drive to here or take a taxi if you're coming from outside Old town.
- Walk or cycle to hear if you're coming from inside Old town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Skalka
1.92% of people who visit Krakow include Skalka in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
39.47% of people start their Skalka visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Skalka
92.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Skalka
Skalka, Krakow Reviews
A wonderful experience. This place takes you to another dimesion in time and space.something magical and mystical.
Was closed when I went to visit, but still looks nice from the other side of the Vistula.
One of the most beautiful churches in Kraków.
Wonderful interior to this church a must see when in Krakow, beautiful grounds all round excellent.🖒
Peaceful church inside beautiful grounds, the shrine to the side of the altar is worth visiting (only 1,000 years old).