St. Florian's ChurchCurrently Closed
- Address: Warszawska 1b, 31-155 Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +48-124224842
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Historical Site, Family And Kids
St. Florian is Poland's patron saint of firefighters and chimney sweeps. Interestingly, the saint has no real historical role in Poland. The city needed a patron saint and that's why the relics of the saint were brought here. According to legend, the oxen that were transporting the saint’s relics stopped the right outside where this church now stands and would move no further. This church is a part of the medieval city of Kleparz, which has now been absorbed into Krakow. Completed originally in 1216, it has been destroyed by fire then rebuilt multiple times. It received its current Baroque appearance after the Polish Swedish Wars. Pope John Paul II used to work here as vicar.
No Visits During Mass Time:
- Sundays and Public Holidays: 6:30 a.m., 8 a.m., 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 8 p.m.
- Mondays to Fridays: 6 a.m., 6:30 p.m., 7 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 8 a.m., 9 a.m., 6:30 p.m.
- By Car or take a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.29% of people who visit Krakow include St. Florian's Church in their plan
60% of people start their St. Florian's Church visit around 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St. Florian's Church
60% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St. Florian's Church
Amazing, beautiful architecture