Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie, Krakow
About Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie, Krakow
Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie, Krakow - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: aleja Zygmunta Krasińskiego 23, 31-111 Kraków, Poland
Ticket Price: 34 PLN
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 12:00 pm - 06:00 pm Details
Added 554 times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
There are two reasons this place is famous.
The first and immediately clear reason is the beautiful Polish Art Noveau building. Constructed as a glass workshop, a function that it performs even today, the 1902 building is as much a historical site as it is a museum. Around the city of Krakow you will find over 200 stained glass windows produced at this museum.
Secondly, inside the museum you’ll find the artists themselves! You will learn the process of shaping and coloring glass, both the art and the science. For a more immersive experience, you can sign up for the workshop with the masters themselves. There, you get to create your own stained glass specimen and bring it home!
You can also book the museum for events such as parties and seminars, especially in the evenings, when the exhibits are enchantingly lit up. Remember to check out the souvenir shop, and the cafe.
Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie Information
- Visits to the museum are by guided tour only.
- Arrive 10 minutes before tour is to begin.
- Group tours can accommodate 10-70 people. They are available in Polish, English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Workshops are available in Polish, English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie Ticket Prices
- Student: 24 PLN
- Family (2 + 2): 96 PLN
- Group tours of 11-20: 32 PLN
- Group tours of 20+: 25 PLN
- Sunday and holiday tours add 50% to the price
- Workshops of 2, 3, and 6 hours, and costs 150 PLN, 250 PLN and 500 PLN respectively
Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie Opening and Closing Hours
- The guided tour lasts 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Tours begin every hour: 12pm - 5pm
How To reach Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie by Public Transport
- Walk or cycle to here.
- Drive to here.
- Buses: 109, 124, 134, 144, 152, 164, 169, 173, 179, 194, 209, 229, 239, 249, 259, 269, 292, 304, 424, 502, 503, 504 stop CracoviaTram 20 stop Cracovia
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie, Krakow Reviews - Write a Review
The story is interesting. You get to understand the techniques and the hard work behind. The building was built for it's purpose from the start and it is still used for that! Pretty awesome!
Very interesting and arty experience of the stained glass museum. The ticket is slightly more pricey but the tour is included (£7). The tour consists of a viewing of the workshop and projects. Our tour guide serena was very good and knowledgable. The tour lasts around 40 minutes and I would recommend visiting the museum as it was worth it!
Lovely place for a quick (roughly 45 minutes) and a very interesting museum visit. The tour guides speak English fluently and are friendly, patient and easy-going.
I wasn't particularly interested in stained glass, but after this tour I was absolutely blown away at the level of effort and detail involved in creating it! It was incredibly fascinating to learn about and our tour guide was knowledgable and took the time to answer everyone's questions. The staff here are very nice and even recommended some bars for us to visit when we asked them! Definitely visit this place, it was one of the highlights of my trip.
This is a glass workshop, very interesting, excellent tour, fair price (32 pln) Note that you cannot visit on your own, you must join a tour.
- Nearby Attractions
- Opera Krakowska
- Groteska Theatre
- Pasaz Rynek 13
- Wawel Royal Castle
- Muzeum Bursztynu
- St Marys Basilica
- Park Bednarskiego
- Krakow Old Town
- Sandomierska Tower
- Auschwitz-birkenau State Museum
- Krakow Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 48 Hours in Krakow
- What to See in 72 Hours in Krakow
- How to Spend 5 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 6 Days in Krakow
- How to Spend 7 Days in Krakow