There are two reasons this place is famous.
The first and immediately clear reason is the beautiful Polish Art Noveau building. Constructed as a glass workshop, a function that it performs even today, the 1902 building is as much a historical site as it is a museum. Around the city of Krakow you will find over 200 stained glass windows produced at this museum.
Secondly, inside the museum you’ll find the artists themselves! You will learn the process of shaping and coloring glass, both the art and the science. For a more immersive experience, you can sign up for the workshop with the masters themselves. There, you get to create your own stained glass specimen and bring it home!
You can also book the museum for events such as parties and seminars, especially in the evenings, when the exhibits are enchantingly lit up. Remember to check out the souvenir shop, and the cafe.
Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie Travel Tips
- Visits to the museum are by guided tour only.
- Arrive 10 minutes before tour is to begin.
- Group tours can accommodate 10-70 people. They are available in Polish, English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Workshops are available in Polish, English, French, German, Italian and Spanish.
Entrance Ticket Details For Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie
- Student: 24 PLN
- Family (2 + 2): 96 PLN
- Group tours of 11-20: 32 PLN
- Group tours of 20+: 25 PLN
- Sunday and holiday tours add 50% to the price
- Workshops of 2, 3, and 6 hours, and costs 150 PLN, 250 PLN and 500 PLN respectively
Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie Hours
- The guided tour lasts 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Tours begin every hour: 12pm - 5pm
How to Reach Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie
- Walk or cycle to here.
- Drive to here.
- Buses: 109, 124, 134, 144, 152, 164, 169, 173, 179, 194, 209, 229, 239, 249, 259, 269, 292, 304, 424, 502, 503, 504 stop CracoviaTram 20 stop Cracovia
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.22% of people who visit Krakow include Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
62.94% of people start their Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie
91.8% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Muzeum Witrazu W Krakowie