Szolayski Tenement HouseCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: plac Szczepański 9, 31-011 Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +48-122928183
- Ticket Price: 14 PLN
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Szolayski Tenement House - Review
The two storey Szolayski family house was built in the 17th century and was expanded over the next few centuries. In the 2000s this was the location of the Stanislaw Wyspianski Muzeum. Now, though the name has changed, the original collection remains here. Wyspianski’s personal artefacts, sketches, last self-portrait and other artworks are in exhibit. See the reconstructed meeting room of the Polish Arts Society. There’s also a reconstruction of his workshop from the time he was working on the Krakow Franciscan Church. This is a brilliant and well thought-out look into one of Poland's most influential intellectual artists. The museum organizes lectures, concert and theater performances. Remember to check out the souvenir shop in the cafe.
Szolayski Tenement House Information
- This same collection was known as Wyspianski Museum.
- Disabled accessible.
Szolayski Tenement House Ticket Prices
- Reduced-9 PLN
- Family (max. 5 people)-24 PLN
- Bang normal (min. 15 people)-11 PLN
- Group stay (min. 15 people)-7 PLN
- Free admission to permanent exhibitions on Sundays.
- Permanent exhibitions are closed on Tuesday but temporary exhibitions are open.
How To reach Szolayski Tenement House by Public Transport
- By car or take a taxi from outside Old Town
- Walk or cycle from inside Old Town
- By Bus: 124, 152, 304, 424, 502
- By Trams: 2, 4, 8, 13, 14, 18, 20, 24
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
Szolayski Tenement House, Krakow Reviews
Small art museum, rotating exhibits. May 2018 had 2 exhibits. Basement exhibit an avant garde Polish painter. Upstairs exhibit was a variety of Polish modern art, almost all paintings. Many abstract, a few landscapes and still lives. Very little info posted in English.
2 very nice exhibitions: modern art and wislawa szymborska. LIKE
The exhibition The Power of the Avant-Garde is amazing.
Only the Symborska exhibit was open when we went, but this was decent enough.
One of my favourite museums + Szymborska's drawer exhibition especially recommended.