Teatr Im Juliusza Slowackiego
- Address: plac Świętego Ducha 1, 30-001 Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Phone: +48-124244500
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Theatre, Family And Kids, Architecture
This gorgeous theater constructed in 1893 is worth checking out just for its beautiful Baroque architecture. Named after Polish poet Juliusz Slowacki and designed by Jan Zawiejski, it was constructed on the site of an old 14th century church. The dismantling of the church apparently caused an outcry at the time, but it allowed the birth of what is now the country’s oldest theatre. Historically, the theatre played an important role in the growth of the Young Poland movement. The theater is also well regarded for its original content and high-quality actors, actresses and directors it produces. Check out the online calendar of events for upcoming shows.
- Read the extensive list of rules on the Theatre website.
- The opening hours and recommended durations given here are for the box office. Actual show times are different.
- Mondays 10am-2pm and 2:30pm-6pm
- Tuesday to Saturday 9am-2pm and 2:30pm-7pm
- Sunday - two hours before curtains
- Drive to here from Outside Old Town.
- Walk or cycle to here from inside Old town.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.4% of people who visit Krakow include Teatr Im Juliusza Slowackiego in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
44.44% of people start their Teatr Im Juliusza Slowackiego visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Teatr Im Juliusza Slowackiego
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Teatr Im Juliusza Slowackiego
U just got to love it. Gorgeous stage combined with great history.
Beautiful building on the northern outskirts of old town. Unfortunately no bookable performances during our visit.
Must be the best building in town. Inside is as magnificent as outside. There is no any plays in English but the building itself is worth of visiting. #letsguide
Amazing place to be, not only for a theatrical seance, but for the beautiful views to the building with it's splendid architecture with the small beautiful garden next to it.
Poor service no customer relation theft customers 3 Min late ur robbed don't buy tickets it is not worth theft crinimal