Are you looking for what to do in Krakow?
THINGS TO SEE
Krakow is a heritage site and therefore one can never run short of what to see.
- RYNEK GLOWNY: This is the largest square in medieval Europe, paved with flagstones. It is surrounded by renaissance house, churches and villas and has witnessed revolutions, ceremonies and invasions in Poland. This is a picturesque sight.
- MARIACKI CHURCH: This is a magnificent twin towered structure hich soars above nearby buildings. It was built in the 14th century and is considered by many as one of Poland’s most important Gothic monuments. This is another site worth visiting in Poland.
- ST FLORIAN’S GATE: This is another popular site with most tourists who visit Krakow. St Florian’s Gate stands as a monument and a remainder of the Stare Miasto city which was fortified until the 19th century. Built in the 14th century, what remains are ruins of it.
- WAWEL: Wawel was the one time capital of the kings of Poland. It boats a castle and used to be the seat of power from 11th to 17th century. Tourists can tour the castle to get a good glimpse into the lives of Poland’s medieval royalty.
- THE MUZEUM NARODOWE: This National Museum boasts of being Poland’s finest showcase of historical art objects. The museum spreads over a number of buildings. The museum is largely housing and showing decorative art from the previous era.
THINGS TO DO
- KITSCH: For a night out in Krakow, this is the most hip and happening nightclub to visit. Regular parties and disco parties are held on a regular basis for all night scene lovers. With loud music from all genres the nights are never dull here.
- SHOPS IN KRAKOW: Krakow’s shops, markets, departmental stores and boutiques feature amongst the best in Poland. From clothes, tablecloths, wines, jewellery and glassware, all is available. Shops around RynekGlowny, UlicaBracka and UlikaSzewska rate amongst the best.
- NIGHT CLUB 66: This is an exclusive gentlemen’s club which occupies two levels. Having been on the scene for more than a decade, it is Krakow’s biggest and oldest. The club provides friendly service and atmosphere and attractive dancers keep guests entertained.
Below we have a list of things to do in Krakow and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Krakow getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Krakow with confidence.