Ulica FlorianskaCurrently Open
- Address: Floriańska, Kraków, Poland, Krakow
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Streets
Overview of Floriaska
Krakow’s most famous street is old. It was planned in 1257 as part of Old Town in the reconstruction efforts after the Tatar invasions. Stretching a little of half kilometer from the Rynek Glowny square to St. Florian's Gate, it’s surrounding by famous sights. Kamiencha (Polish-style brick residential tenements), rise on either side, many of which are attractions in their own right. Their architectural range is wide - Renaissance, Baroque, neoclassical and a smattering of Gothic. Inside their doors you will find museums, shops, restaurants, and cafes. Highlights of the street in the Kamiencha houses 1 to 57 include:
- The former museum home of artist Jan Matejko
- House 25, the biggest in Poland, with a Museum of Pharmacy
- House 45, home of historical confectioner, and also location of the first performance of the famous show, "Green Balloon”. The Jama Michalika Cafe is also here.
Literally every building is worth knowing about though, so read up on each before you visit.
Ulica Florianska Hours
- Recommended duration given here does not include the time to be spent exploring each monument here. It’s just enough time for a slow walk and a coffee.
How to Reach Ulica Florianska
- Walk or cycle to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Krakow before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Krakow and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.32% of people who visit Krakow include Ulica Florianska in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
44.79% of people start their Ulica Florianska visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ulica Florianska
88.24% of people prefer walking in order to reach Ulica Florianska