Kuala Lumpur Tourism
Visit Kuala Lumpur - Best of Kuala Lumpur
Largest city and capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur is an amalgamation of traditional architecture and the modern day cosmopolitan culture. Here you will find a heady mix of Malays, Indians, Chinese and Brits to name a few who have all made their home here. Eating, dancing and shopping are the three things synonymous with a visit to this ultra city. It is a multicultural city connecting people and religions from around the world. A trip to Kuala Lumpur will enchant you with its colours and insignia. Knowing best time to visit Kuala Lumpur makes you trip pleasant one.
Petronas Twin Towers, which happen to be the face of Kuala Lumpur, are two 88 storey building making it tallest twin tower in the world. For travellers travelling to Kuala Lumpur, some of the top things to do in Kuala Lumpur include shopping, eating and urban sports like golfing, horse riding and jogging. Kuala Lumpur city is safe and with buzzes with nightlife that attracts a lot of travellers here.
The skyline of this dazzling city features on most of the posters of tourist companies today and what strikes your awe is the way the historic monuments glimpse through the steel clad skyscrapers. And if you move your eyes down you will see a gamut of colourful, food-stall-lined streets shaded by a leafy canopy of banyan and rain trees. The city's past makes itself visible in the evocative British colonial buildings of the Dataran Merdeka and the midnight lamps of the Petaling Street nightmarket. Located near KL Sentral Station, Little India (Brickfields) serves as a center to the Indian population of the city. It is also a famous destination for tourists who want to explore Indian culture and tradition. Go on a trip to Kuala Lumpur and have a relaxing vacation you can’t get enough of!
Kuala Lumpur Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Kuala Lumpur tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Kuala Lumpur follows the Standard Time zone: UTC/GMT +8 hours. No daylight saving time is observed.
- Currency: The Currency operational in Malaysia is Ringgit
- Electricity: Electrical sockets (outlets) in Malaysia are the "Type G " British BS-1363 type. If your appliance's plug doesn't match the shape of these sockets, you will need a travel plug adapter in order to plug in.
- Internet: Some of the Internet providers in Malaysia are: TM Net, Maxis Broadband, Time Dotcom, etc.
- Language: Malay is the predominant language spoken in Malaysia.
- Emergency Contacts: Police & Ambulance : 999, Tourism Headquarters : 03-2693-5188
- Do not kiss in public. Malaysians refrain from displaying any personal affection in public.
- There are strict laws against the usage of drugs in Malaysia.
- Remove your shoes before entering a Malaysian home, a temple or a Mosque.
- Do convert most of your currency in Malaysia only, since the country does not allow a huge number of Ringgit in or out of country.
Travel to Kuala Lumpur- Know before you go to Kuala Lumpur
Attractions in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Kuala Lumpur Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Kuala Lumpur
515 Reviews Duration: 3 hours
Discover Malaysia's multicultural influences on this 3-hour afternoon tour to the Batu Caves from Kuala Lumpur. With your fun..
USD 30.66Book Now
391 Reviews Duration: 3 hours
Explore the charm of Kuala Lumpur on a morning or afternoon sightseeing tour that blends old-world character with a modern me..
USD 23.99Book Now
320 Reviews Duration: 8 hours
Explore the historic town of Malacca, a key port for trade between the East and the West with influences of former Asian and ..
USD 72Book Now
20 Reviews Duration: 3 hours
This private sightseeing tour of Malaysia's capital city explores the charm of Kuala Lumpur with a skyline that blends the Ol..
USD 38.66Book Now