Batu CavesCurrently Open [Closes at 09:00 pm]
- Address: BatuCaves, Selangor, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-322879422
- Ticket Price: 3 MYR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Temple, Cave, Walking Area, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Batu Caves - Review
The 400 million year old limestone caves (but only about 100 year old temples) are the most sacred Hindu location in the country, and definitely one of the most sacred Hindi locations in the world outside of India.
The main attraction at the limestone caves is the 42.7 metres high statue of Lord Murugan, a Hindu deity. This is also the largest known statue of Lord Murugan. During the Thaipusam Festival, the statue is the end point of the processionat the Sri Mariamman Temple in KL city centre. Over a million pilgrims gather here at festival time.
Within the largest of the chambers of the Batu Caves, the Cathedral Cave, there are some beautiful Hindu shrines, which can only be reached after climbing 272 steep steps. Hindu sculptures and paintings fill the Art Gallery Cave and Museum Cave. In the Ramayana Cave, you’ll find paintings depicting the epic story of Lord Rama.
Tip: Buy peanuts from the locals, and feed the many Macaque monkeys at the site.
The Batu Caves in Malaysia are very popular due to several reasons. Apart from being some of the oldest limestone caves in the world, they are also host to some of the most sacred religious monuments in Malaysia. You can buy tickets for Batu Caves online from our ticket booking section so that you don’t waste your time in long queues. Apart from buying tickets for Batu Caves you can also check Batu Caves ticket prices beforehand and even combine Batu Caves tickets with other touring options in and around Kuala Lumpur. Also, visit nearby attractions in the city which are covered in Kuala Lumpur itinerary 5 days.
Batu Caves Information
- Careful that the monkeys don’t make off with your stuff.
- Look out your pace while you’re going up.
- It is an optional place to be visited by Senior citizen.
- Don’t visit at the Thaipusam festival of Tamils, a huge procession is carried out.
How To reach Batu Caves by Public Transport
- Intrakota Bus No 11D from Central Market to Batu Caves.
- Bus 68 from JalanPudu stop Batu Caves.
- You may want to take a taxi to Batu Caves.
Restaurants Near Batu Caves
- Batu Caves Restaurant
- Gombak star Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Batu Caves
95% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Batu Caves in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
28.7% of people start their Batu Caves visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Batu Caves
93.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Batu Caves
Batu Caves Culture & Theme Based Tours
Batu Caves Sightseeing Tours
Batu Caves Family Friendly Tours
Batu Caves Outdoor & Nature Tours
Batu Caves Map
Batu Caves Trips
1 View2 Days 1 Night2 Day Trip to Genting Highlands from Genting HighlandsBy: Guest UserCity: Genting Highlands
Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur Reviews
All QuestionsBatu caves
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal