Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur
About Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur
Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: BatuCaves, Selangor, Malaysia
Ticket Price: 3 MYR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 132.7K times in trip plans
Temple, Cave, Walking Area, Historical Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The 400 million year old limestone caves (but only about 100 year old temples) are the most sacred Hindu location in the country, and definitely one of the most sacred Hindi locations in the world outside of India.
The main attraction at the limestone caves is the 42.7 metres high statue of Lord Murugan, a Hindu deity. This is also the largest known statue of Lord Murugan. During the Thaipusam Festival, the statue is the end point of the processionat the Sri Mariamman Temple in KL city centre. Over a million pilgrims gather here at festival time.
Within the largest of the chambers of the Batu Caves, the Cathedral Cave, there are some beautiful Hindu shrines, which can only be reached after climbing 272 steep steps. Hindu sculptures and paintings fill the Art Gallery Cave and Museum Cave. In the Ramayana Cave, you’ll find paintings depicting the epic story of Lord Rama.
Tip: Buy peanuts from the locals, and feed the many Macaque monkeys at the site.
The Batu Caves in Malaysia are very popular due to several reasons. Apart from being some of the oldest limestone caves in the world, they are also host to some of the most sacred religious monuments in Malaysia. You can buy tickets for Batu Caves online from our ticket booking section so that you don’t waste your time in long queues. Apart from buying tickets for Batu Caves you can also check Batu Caves ticket prices beforehand and even combine Batu Caves tickets with other touring options in and around Kuala Lumpur.
Batu Caves Information
- Careful that the monkeys don’t make off with your stuff.
- Look out your pace while you’re going up.
- It is an optional place to be visited by Senior citizen.
- Don’t visit at the Thaipusam festival of Tamils, a huge procession is carried out.
How To reach Batu Caves by Public Transport
- Intrakota Bus No 11D from Central Market to Batu Caves.
- Bus 68 from JalanPudu stop Batu Caves.
- You may want to take a taxi to Batu Caves.
Restaurants Near Batu Caves
- Batu Caves Restaurant
- Gombak star Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Batu Caves, Kuala Lumpur Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Tanglin Food Court
- The Steakhouse
- The Manhattan Fish Market @ Nu Sentral
- Tarbush Restaurant
- City Comfort Hotel Bukit Bintang
- Platinum Suites Gallery - Face Platinum Suites
- Nu Sentral
- The Point Restaurant & Bar
- Antipodean Café Menara Tan & Tan
- Kuala Lumpur Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kuala Lumpur
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kuala Lumpur
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kuala Lumpur