Central Market10870 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jalan Hang Kasturi, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-320310399
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Market, Exhibition , Specialty Shop, Heritage Building
A major landmark, a popular tourist attraction, a beautiful building, and a historical heritage - this market is all of these. Formed 120 years ago, it used to be a wet market. It has since evolved into a much more cultured scene. Today it is filled with boutiques, handicraft stalls, arts and crafts stalls. That’s on the first floor. The second floor has a collection of delicious restaurants.
The sections of the market are divided by race. This means the best time to visit the market is during festivals, when the ethnic communities really shine - Hari Raya, Chinese New Year, Deepavali. The market is also popular place to hold contemporary art exhibitions, in the Annexe Gallery. Do not miss checking out of the Batik Emporium.
One of the most happening places in Kuala Lumpur, the Central Market offers time in recreation, fun along with some history. While there are no tickets for Central Market, you can always go for an extra deal by spending small money. If you buy tickets for Central Market, you are bound to have some real fun with easy and hassle free access. Tickets for Central Market tours take you to all its corners and boutiques. If you are interested further, you can check out the tickets section for detailed Central Market ticket prices. Also, visit nearby attractions in the city which are covered in Kuala Lumpur itinerary 5 days.
How to Reach Central Market
- B115, BET 2, BET3, BET 4, U80, U88, U224, LRT Pasar Seni, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock
- Restoran Zing Kong
- Rasa Kelantan
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Central Market Address: Jalan Hang Kasturi, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
- Central Market Contact Number: +60-320310399
- Central Market Timing: 10:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Best time to visit Central Market(preferred time): 06:00 pm - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Central Market: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
51.39% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Central Market in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
56.36% of people start their Central Market visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Central Market
91.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Central Market
People normally club together Islamic Arts Museum and Batu Caves while planning their visit to Central Market.