Chow KitCurrently Open
- Address: Chow Kit Market , JalanTunku Abdul Rahman, Chow Kit, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Market, Street Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
About Chow Kit, Kuala Lumpur
No one would call the Chow Kit district glamorous, but it’s got a cool street charisma. You’ll find it between Jalan Raja Laut and Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman. Settled mainly by Indonesians, it also has a small African community now. It is famous for its markets, of which it has two, and for being a red light district.
The Bazaar Baru Chow Kit (Chow Kit New Bazaar) is one of the city’s most popular wet markets, and certainly its largest. The food - fruit, vegetables, tofu, spices, meat, fish, crab, lobster - is succulent. Don’t mind the fishy smell. The dry selection has clothes, shoes, CDs, DVDs and textile… and the vendors aren’t as pushy. The night market Bundle Chow Kit is the place to find used clothes and accessories.
The red light area only comes to life in the night, and though locals lament its existence, no one ever does anything about it. Want to spend a couple of days in this beautiful city? Follow this Kuala Lumpur itinerary 2 days.
Chow Kit Information
- Night market also presents for sale of clothing and accessaries.
- Parking place is offered to visitors.
- Do take some amount of cash other than credit cards.
Chow Kit Opening and Closing Hours
- Bazaar hours: 9am-5pm
How To reach Chow Kit by Public Transport
- The KL Monorail Chow Kit Monorail station
- Buses U(1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 24, 25, 36, 209, 222, 224) stop at Pizza Hut Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman Bus Station.
Restaurants Near Chow Kit
- Hotel Cosmopolitan
- Favola Wira Hotel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chow Kit
20.49% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Chow Kit in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
32.63% of people start their Chow Kit visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Chow Kit
92.03% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chow Kit
Chow Kit Map
Chow Kit Trips
Chow Kit, Kuala Lumpur Reviews
All QuestionsChow kit
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa