Guan Di Temple2865 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Jalan Tun H S Lee, City Centre, 50000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors
This bright, red-orange Taoist temple is dedicated to the Chinese god of war and literature. It was founded in 1888. The Chinese of the locality believe that the god’s pole weapon, the guan dao, is magical and those who touch it are blessed. Another way to be blessed is to lift the 59 kilogram weapon three times. It’s quite a pretty building: carved lions guard its entrance; the roof has dragons and chi lins; dragons coil around the two main pillars of the tower. The statue of the god himself is inside the serene interior. Just hope you’re not allergic to the smell of incense.
Trivia: Guan Di is the patron god of the martial arts in China, and all martial forces revere him.
Guan Di Temple Travel Tips
- A donation is welcomed.
Guan Di Temple Hours
- Opening hours may vary.
How to Reach Guan Di Temple
- Buses B115, BET 2, BET 3, BET 4, U80, U88, U224 LRT PasarSeni, JalanTun Tan Cheng Lock
- Bus 10 stop PasarSeni, Jalan Hang Kasturi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.68% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Guan Di Temple in their plan
25% of people start their Guan Di Temple visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Guan Di Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Guan Di Temple