Guanyin Temple, Kuala Lumpur
About Guanyin Temple, Kuala Lumpur
Guanyin Temple, Kuala Lumpur - Address
Address: Kuan Yin Temple, JalanMaharajalela, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 07:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 13.5K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The temple was built in 1880, dedicated to the Goddess of Mercy, Kuan Yin. It’s architecture is unusual for the city – a mix of European and Chinese baroque. It’s quite a colourful building, but tourists usually just vsit to see the three golden statues inside. The Shakaymuni (the Buddha) statue is the main one. The South Sea Guan Yin Statue is to its right. The goddess statue is to the left. Try and visit during times of chanting; it’s a wonderfully meditative experience.
Guanyin Temple Opening and Closing Hours
- Chanting times are between 12:30pm and 1:45pm.
How To reach Guanyin Temple by Public Transport
- Bus MR stop Maharajalela
- Bus BET1 and U84 stop Opposite Public Bank, Jalan Syed Putra
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Guanyin Temple, Kuala Lumpur Reviews - Write a Review
The Holy Place where the prayer is answered. Serene, peaceful and lovely. Namo Amitabha.
Good view from the lower platform of Maharajalela Monorail station.
Peaceful place and good to clear the mind
A frequented place by those who believe in the goddess Kuan Yin.
Nice temple, but always under construction, Gerrykomalaysia2 food network YouTube approved
- Nearby Attractions
- Pangkor Island Beach Resort
- Masjid Jamek Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (jamek Mosque)
- Lokl Coffee Co
- The Grumpy Cyclist
- Istana Budaya, Kuala Lumpur
- Ritz Carlton Residence
- Dark Cave
- Beh Brothers Restaurant
- Alor Street Food Night Market
- Bukit Bintang City Centre Sales Gallery
- Kuala Lumpur Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kuala Lumpur
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kuala Lumpur
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kuala Lumpur