How to Reach Kuala Lumpur
HOW TO GET TO KUALA LUMPUR
- By air: The nearest airport to Kuala Lumpur is Kuala Lumpur International Airport(IATA: KUL) which is about 50km south of the city, in the Sepang district of Selangor. This airport is newly constructed and receives a lot of visitors ever year. From there you can take the service of bus or train shuttles to the city.
- By Car: Most important roads in Peninsular Malaysia lead to/from Kuala Lumpur. The city lies about midway along the North-South Expressway (Motorway).
- By Bus: Kuala Lumpur has several bus stations or terminals/terminuses/termini that handle long distance express bus services; many destinations are served by more than one terminal.
HOW TO GET AROUND KUALA LUMPUR
- By Monorail: The monorail (MRT) and light rail (LRT) systems get you out of the vehicle traffic in Kuala Lumpur and save a lot of travelling time for you. This is even more helpful if you’re going a long distance, like to or from the low-cost carrier terminal (LCCT) or the main terminal of the airport (KLIA).
- By Bus: Buses in Kuala Lumpur are easily available, are inexpensive and one of the best ways to get around. This is also one medium through which you can see the whole city as well.
- By Taxis: Taxis are pretty affordable in KL. Generally, you can go 2 km for 15 MYR. Every single taxi will have a sign on it proclaiming it is a metered taxi and “no haggling” is permitted.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kuala Lumpur. The most preferred mode of transport in Kuala Lumpur is Car.
Average distance: 18.98 km Average time: 42.87 min
Car 68.22%Driving 36.59 min Walking 0.79 min Train 0.41 min Waiting 0.05 min Overall average time for 18.62 kms 37.85 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.67%Bus 49 min Waiting 11 min Walking 8.4 min Other 2 min Overall average time for 36.66 kms 70.4 min
Motorbike 1.87%Motorbike 27.5 min Overall average time for 21.5 kms 27.5 min
Walking 8.41%Walking 48.89 min Driving 11.11 min Train 3 min Waiting 1.22 min Overall average time for 12.67 kms 64.22 min
Train/Metro 3.74%Train 42.5 min Walking 8.75 min Other 7.5 min Waiting 2.5 min Overall average time for 18.5 kms 61.25 min
Bike 0.93%Bike 40 min Overall average time for 10 kms 40 min