Jalan Masjid IndiaCurrently Open
- Address: Jalan Masjid India, City Centre, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +603-26921009
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Street Market, Street Food, Streets
When Indians first arrived in Malaysia it was as traders, and then as plantation workers under British Rule. Here, a Muslim community built a mosque called Masjid India about a hundred years ago. Today, a thriving little community has sprung up around this mosque. Sarees, gold, jewellery, bangles, salwar-kameez, lengas, pottery – these are standard shopping fare. The restaurants and cafés serve classics such as roti canai, biryani and lentil soup. If you’re looking for more authentic stuff, try the mutton gravy, chicken curry, fish curry/samma,geese perattal, legpaya. They all taste incredible. The hawker community is vibrant and colourful. Want to spend a couple of days in this beautiful city? Follow this Kuala Lumpur itinerary 2 days.
How to Reach Jalan Masjid India
- Masjid Jamek LRT Station.
- Bus U33 stop LRT Masjid Jamek.
- 26, 41, 43, 100; U 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 23, 25, 209, 222, 224 stop SSF Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Jalan Masjid India Address: Jalan Masjid India, City Centre, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Jalan Masjid India Contact Number: +603-26921009
- Jalan Masjid India Timing: 24-hrs
- Time required to visit Jalan Masjid India: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
4.99% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Jalan Masjid India in their plan
50% of people start their Jalan Masjid India visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Jalan Masjid India
80% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jalan Masjid India
People normally club together Old Railway Station and National Textile Museum while planning their visit to Jalan Masjid India.