Jalan Masjid India, Kuala Lumpur
About Jalan Masjid India, Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Masjid India, Kuala Lumpur - Address, Phone Number
Address: Jalan Masjid India, City Centre, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 10.2K times in trip plans
Street Market, Family And Kids, Street Food, Streets
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
When Indians first arrived in Malaysia it was as traders, and then as plantation workers under British Rule. Here, a Muslim community built a mosque called Masjid India about a hundred years ago. Today, a thriving little community has sprung up around this mosque. Sarees, gold, jewellery, bangles, salwar-kameez, lengas, pottery – these are standard shopping fare. The restaurants and cafés serve classics such as roti canai, biryani and lentil soup. If you’re looking for more authentic stuff, try the mutton gravy, chicken curry, fish curry/samma,geese perattal, legpaya. They all taste incredible. The hawker community is vibrant and colourful.
How To reach Jalan Masjid India by Public Transport
- Masjid Jamek LRT Station.
- Bus U33 stop LRT Masjid Jamek.
- 26, 41, 43, 100; U 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 23, 25, 209, 222, 224 stop SSF Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Jalan Masjid India, Kuala Lumpur Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Lot 10
- Genting Highland
- Parkroyal Serviced Suites Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysian Houses Of Parliament
- Restoran Pan Heong
- Hotel Nan Yeang
- Vishal Food & Catering
- Back Home Kuala Lumpur Hostel
- Hotel Avenue J Central Market
- Hotel Sentral Pudu
- Kuala Lumpur Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kuala Lumpur
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kuala Lumpur
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kuala Lumpur
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kuala Lumpur