Jalan Masjid India, Kuala LumpurCurrently Open
- Address: Jalan Masjid India, City Centre, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +603-26921009
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Street Market, Family And Kids, Street Food, Streets
About Jalan Masjid India, Kuala Lumpur
When Indians first arrived in Malaysia it was as traders, and then as plantation workers under British Rule. Here, a Muslim community built a mosque called Masjid India about a hundred years ago. Today, a thriving little community has sprung up around this mosque. Sarees, gold, jewellery, bangles, salwar-kameez, lengas, pottery – these are standard shopping fare. The restaurants and cafés serve classics such as roti canai, biryani and lentil soup. If you’re looking for more authentic stuff, try the mutton gravy, chicken curry, fish curry/samma,geese perattal, legpaya. They all taste incredible. The hawker community is vibrant and colourful. Want to spend a couple of days in this beautiful city? Follow this Kuala Lumpur itinerary 2 days.
How To reach Jalan Masjid India by Public Transport
- Masjid Jamek LRT Station.
- Bus U33 stop LRT Masjid Jamek.
- 26, 41, 43, 100; U 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 23, 25, 209, 222, 224 stop SSF Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.