Masjid JamekCurrently Closed
- Address: JalanMahkamah Persekutuan, City Centre, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-326933708
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Mosque, Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Historically and architecturally significant, this 1909 mosque served as the city’s main Islamic centre of prayer before the construction of the National Mosque in 1965. Moorish, Indo-Saracenic or Mughal influences are clearly seen in its architectural style. Located at the confluence of two rivers adds to the mosque’s beauty, for it is tranquil. Highlights of the mosque include:
- Three domes around the prayer hall.
- Red and white minarets 88 feet high.
- The cupolas on the minarets, called ‘chattris’ (umbrellas).
Want to spend a couple of days in this beautiful city? Follow this Kuala Lumpur itinerary 2 days.
- You have to follow certain restrictions on dressing and carry scarf to cover your head.
- Avoid Fridays, the mosque is overcrowded.
- Don’t wear your footwear inside the mosque.
- Donation can be given, but it’s not mandatory.
- Dress conservatively.
- Remove your shoes before you enter.
- Donations to the mosque are appreciated.
- Masjid Jamek LRT Station
- Bus U33 stop LRT Masjid Jamek
- 26, 41, 43, 100; U 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 23, 25, 209, 222, 224 stop SSF JalanTunku Abdul Rahman
- Citin Hotel
- Bhakti Woodland - best cafe for vegetarian food
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.36% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Masjid Jamek in their plan
68.97% of people start their Masjid Jamek visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Masjid Jamek
71.43% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Masjid Jamek
I went to Kuala Lumpur for only few days and Masjid Jamek is one of the places that I have to visit. I remembered taking a picture of the mosque from the train station and was paused for few seconds cause I was amazed by the beauty of the mosque. Glad that I had a chance to pray there. In fact I spent 4 prayer times in this religious place. If I ever go back to Kuala Lumpur in the future, I won’t miss a chance to visit the mosque again.
Great architecture and grand presence of this beautiful Mosque. Conveniently situated to other attractions such as the observatory and bird park and all within walking distance so A must on that tour
Very nice station
A beautiful Mosque in Kuala lumpur. A well known tourist attraction in the city. Situated near the metro station called Masjid Jamek.
A little bit complicated because many LRT lines connect here. Make sure to know your line very well. The Gombak-Putra hieghts (kelana jaya) line is all underground, while Sri Petaling- Putra hieghts and Ampang-Putra highets are all above the ground.