Masjid JamekCurrently Closed
- Address: JalanMahkamah Persekutuan, City Centre, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-326933708
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Mosque, Religious Site, Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Masjid Jamek - Review
Historically and architecturally significant, this 1909 mosque served as the city’s main Islamic centre of prayer before the construction of the National Mosque in 1965. Moorish, Indo-Saracenic or Mughal influences are clearly seen in its architectural style. Located at the confluence of two rivers adds to the mosque’s beauty, for it is tranquil. Highlights of the mosque include:
- Three domes around the prayer hall.
- Red and white minarets 88 feet high.
- The cupolas on the minarets, called ‘chattris’ (umbrellas).
Want to spend a couple of days in this beautiful city? Follow this Kuala Lumpur itinerary 2 days.
Masjid Jamek Information
- You have to follow certain restrictions on dressing and carry scarf to cover your head.
- Avoid Fridays, the mosque is overcrowded.
- Don’t wear your footwear inside the mosque.
- Donation can be given, but it’s not mandatory.
- Dress conservatively.
- Remove your shoes before you enter.
Masjid Jamek Ticket Prices
- Donations to the mosque are appreciated.
How To reach Masjid Jamek by Public Transport
- Masjid Jamek LRT Station
- Bus U33 stop LRT Masjid Jamek
- 26, 41, 43, 100; U 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 13, 14, 23, 25, 209, 222, 224 stop SSF JalanTunku Abdul Rahman
Restaurants Near Masjid Jamek
- Citin Hotel
- Bhakti Woodland - best cafe for vegetarian food
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Masjid Jamek
11.21% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Masjid Jamek in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
36.34% of people start their Masjid Jamek visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Masjid Jamek
52.9% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Masjid Jamek
Masjid Jamek Sightseeing Tours
Masjid Jamek Family Friendly Tours
Masjid Jamek Tickets & Passes
Masjid Jamek Map
Masjid Jamek Trips
1 View5 Days 4 Nights5 Day Trip to Bandar Baru Bangi from Bandar Seri BegawanBy: Guest UserCity: Bandar Baru Bangi
7 Views7 Days 6 Nights6 Day Trip to Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, Singapore from DenpasarBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Putrajaya, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore
Masjid Jamek, Kuala Lumpur Reviews
Great architecture and grand presence of this beautiful Mosque. Conveniently situated to other attractions such as the observatory and bird park and all within walking distance so A must on that tour
A beautiful Mosque in Kuala lumpur. A well known tourist attraction in the city. Situated near the metro station called Masjid Jamek.
A little bit complicated because many LRT lines connect here. Make sure to know your line very well. The Gombak-Putra hieghts (kelana jaya) line is all underground, while Sri Petaling- Putra hieghts and Ampang-Putra highets are all above the ground.
This one has a Starbucks in the entrance hall (which mysteriously wasn’t to be found on Google Maps whatsoever!) Came in handy...
Nice place to visit with my friends in Malaysia !!! Love you!
All QuestionsMasjid jamek
- Christ Covenant Church Pca
- Valley Square Theatres
- By James
- Upper Miss Science Center Library
- Myrick Park Zoo Concessions - Big Event Company
- Gundersen Lutheran Ops Ckt
- Portraits/Peggy Baumgaertner
- La Crosse Wels Hmong Ministry
- La Crosse Station
- Top Shots Pool & Darts
- Todd Wehr Memorial Library
- Pump House Regional Arts Center
- Riverside Amusement Park
- Saint Joseph's Church
- Paul E. Stry Nature Preserve