Merdeka SquareCurrently Open
- Address: Jalan Raja, City Centre, 50050 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Outdoors, Landmark, Walking Area, Historical Site, Market, Square, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Merdeka Square - Review
On 31 August 1957, here, the Union flag was lowered and the Malaysian flag was raised for the first time. The flagpole is 100 metres high, set in the middle of a giant green field. The square is famous for more than historical reasons. The architecture of the surrounding buildings is quite beautiful. Some of these iconic buildings include:
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building – headquarters of the Ministry of Information, Communication and Culture of Malaysia.
- The 1884 Royal Selangor Club Complex historically used by British officials.
- Kuala Lumpur City Gallery – historical miniatures of Kuala Lumpur.
- St. Mary's Anglican Cathedral - Diocese of West Malaysia & see of the Bishop of West Malaysia.
- The Queen Victoria Fountain.
- The old Kuala Lumpur Railway Station.
The square is the location of the Merdeka parade.
The Merdeka Square is very famous in Kuala Lumpur for reasons more than just its splendid architecture. It also has a deeply significant historical significance for Malaysians. As the site is open for all, there is no ticket for Merdeka Square. It can be visited with the help of tour guides, but for that Merdeka Square ticket prices will vary. You can get a variety of deals to buy tickets for Merdeka Square tours and combine them with other Merdeka Square tickets to make a superb deal. Want to spend a couple of days in this beautiful city? Follow this Kuala Lumpur itinerary 2 days.
Merdeka Square Information
- Many historical places to be seen here in Merdeka Square.
- Parking place is offered to visitors.
How To reach Merdeka Square by Public Transport
- U8, U11, U13, U222 stop Bank Agro, LebuhPasarBesar
- U4, U7, U13, U14, U209 stop DataranMerdeka, Lengkok Raja
Restaurants Near Merdeka Square
- Precious Old China Fatt Yan
- Gingers restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Merdeka Square
42.91% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Merdeka Square in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
35.28% of people start their Merdeka Square visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Merdeka Square
84.31% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Merdeka Square
Merdeka Square Map
Merdeka Square Trips
1 View2 Days 1 Night2 Day Trip to Yayasan Al-jenderami from Yayasan Al-jenderamiBy: Guest UserCity: Yayasan Al-jenderami
Merdeka Square, Kuala Lumpur Reviews
I love the space it gives to people living in Kuala Lumpur. It seems too hot to be in during the day, but it's a nice place to lounge at night. Street vendors sell food and toys which help brings life at night.
Very nice historical place. Nearby it has kl city gallery famous amongst foreigners. Their are many things to visit around this place. It has many structures and monument in this place such as masjid, church and museum.
Ok place. I would put it on must do for KL as there is not much more. Nice historical area. The highlight is the view of the mosque with the fountains. I imagine it's nice at night and during special events. Otherwise take a quick stroll but don't need more than 30 mins.
It's the most popular place in Malaysia. You could take a photo there and even buy a gift there. The place is importantly for the Merdeka Days on 31 August every years. In that day, you could see a parade and other stuff like a talented people there. Sometimes that place is used for some activities like concert, expo and other. That place is a historical place in Malaysia because there are a war between Malaysia and Japan. Then Malaysia agreed to live happily since that day. Now, Malaysia is in the most happy country in the world.
What more to say? Basically nice place to selfie - heritage building that we're talking about. And there's a gallery nearby that you can freely browse.
All QuestionsMerdeka square
- Dom Katechetyczny
- Muzeum Im. A. Kłosińskiego
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najdroższej Krwi Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka P.w. Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka. Wikarówka
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Małgorzaty I Katarzyny
- Łukasz Błaszków
- Parafia Rzymsko-Katolicka Pw. Swiętej Małgorzaty I Świętej Katarzyny
- Dworzec Autobusowy
- Rejestracja Video Flisowski Stefan
- Urząd Miasta - Naczelnik Skierniewice
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Garnizonowa Wniebowzięcia NMP
- Miejski Ośrodek Kultury
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka św. Jakuba Apostoła
- Parafia Rzymskokatolicka Najświętszego Serca Pana Jezusa