National MosqueCurrently Closed
- Address: JalanPerdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 06:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-326937905
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site
This is the heart of the country’s Muslim’s peoples. The complex is quite large. Covering 13 acres, it can hold about 50,000 people. It was built in 1965. The main features of the mosque are:
- 73m-high minaret.
- Star shaped dome with 18 points - they represent the countries 13 states and the five pillars of Islam.
- The beautiful gardens and fountains.
- The Makam Pahlawan (Heroes’ Mausoleum) -Tun Abdul Razak and other politicians are buried here.
- Blue and green tiled roof.
Also, visit nearby attractions in the city which are covered in Kuala Lumpur itinerary 5 days.
- Be modestly dressed.
- The mosque provide you with appropriate apparel if you didn’t bring any for yourself.
- You can only visit during non-prayer times.
- Check the yearly calendar for events and other festivities.
- Bus 9, 10, 12, 13, 17, 20, 21, 46, 58, 99, B112, BET3, BET 4, U68 U76, U81, U84, U85, U88, U504 stop Telekom Malaysia, Jalan Tun Sambathan.
- Kuala Lumpur old railway station.
- The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
- Woo Lan
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
19.92% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include National Mosque in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
77.03% of people start their National Mosque visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see National Mosque
90.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Mosque
Masjid ini dirancang oleh arsitek Malaysia Dato' Baharuddin Kassim. Desainnya selaras dengan desain bangunan zaman modern tetapi ciri arsitektur Islam tetap dilestarikan. Rupa bentuk masjid ini merupakan paduan corak keislaman yang modern serta bercirikan arsitektur setempat, antara lain bentuk selasar dan gerbang masuk yang menyerupai rumah panggung Melayu yang dibangun di atas tonggak dan merupakan gaya bangunan arsitektur tropis. Bentuk ukiran jeruji besi yang mengelilingi bangunan ini dan kubah-kubah kecil yang berada di sebelah atas beranda adalah berasaskan gaya Sarasen (Arab), tetapi ia disesuaikan dengan rancangan modern. Bentuk menara dan atap berpuncak yang ada pada Masjid Negara melambangkan kesetiaan. Konsep ini berdasarkan kepada bentuk payung kerajaan. Menaranya pun berbentuk gambar payung yang menguncup sedangkan atapnya berbentuk seperti sebuah payung yang terbuka.
This mosque has a beautiful structure and nice open landscape. It also provides robes for tourists who come to visit. It's very convenient too.
Its a must visit place in KL. Largest Mosque of Malaysia. Irrespective of religion, everyone have an access over here. Non Islamic Ladies members need to wear a special veil given at the entrance of the Mosque. No specific restrictions to take pictures inside except the main prayer hall. MUST VISIT and Please don't Miss. Thank you so much Malaysia for the access given to everyone irrespective to one's religion. IMPORTANT NOTE: KL Bird Park, Botanical Garden and Merdeka Square is very close to National Mosque. So one can plan it accordingly.
Beautiful mosque. It's open for non-Muslim visitors for an hour a few times each day. If you're not dressed appropriately, there is a desk where they will give you a robe to cover up. Everyone is super friendly. I'd consider it a must do if you're visiting.
I believe the biggest mosque in Malaysia but one you can visit as a tourist and or non believer. There are certain opening hours when you can visit. As it's a mosque you need to be covered but even if you have shorts, t-shirt etc they give you a big purple robe so you are covered up. You are now allowed in main prayer room but you can look into it. There are also volunteers on hand to answer any questions you may have on Islam. This is a good place to combine with the botanical gardens.