National MosqueCurrently Closed
- Address: JalanPerdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 06:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-326937905
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site
National Mosque - Review
This is the heart of the country’s Muslim’s peoples. The complex is quite large. Covering 13 acres, it can hold about 50,000 people. It was built in 1965. The main features of the mosque are:
- 73m-high minaret.
- Star shaped dome with 18 points - they represent the countries 13 states and the five pillars of Islam.
- The beautiful gardens and fountains.
- The Makam Pahlawan (Heroes’ Mausoleum) -Tun Abdul Razak and other politicians are buried here.
- Blue and green tiled roof.
Also, visit nearby attractions in the city which are covered in Kuala Lumpur itinerary 5 days.
National Mosque Information
- Be modestly dressed.
- The mosque provide you with appropriate apparel if you didn’t bring any for yourself.
- You can only visit during non-prayer times.
National Mosque Opening and Closing Hours
- Check the yearly calendar for events and other festivities.
How To reach National Mosque by Public Transport
- Bus 9, 10, 12, 13, 17, 20, 21, 46, 58, 99, B112, BET3, BET 4, U68 U76, U81, U84, U85, U88, U504 stop Telekom Malaysia, Jalan Tun Sambathan.
- Kuala Lumpur old railway station.
Restaurants Near National Mosque
- The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
- Woo Lan
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National Mosque
25.07% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include National Mosque in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
46.6% of people start their National Mosque visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see National Mosque
93.84% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Mosque
National Mosque Sightseeing Tours
National Mosque Family Friendly Tours
National Mosque Culture & Theme Based Tours
National Mosque Map
National Mosque Trips
National Mosque, Kuala Lumpur Reviews
Its beautiful area where its located just next to the old railway station the majestic hotel and the independent historical site. Pls be inform that you need to wear proper attire to enter this place of worship. Or else you are given a attire to wear before taken for a short tour. A place you should not miss
Beautiful mosque. Loved praying here and laying on the cool marble floors. Come to pray here.
This is a huge great mosque, I came here when it was Friday prayer. I'm so lucky to attend the weekly prayer here.
Quiet relaxing place, partly closed for renovations right now, and you cannot access praying area as a non Muslim tourist. No guided tours available? (not sure)
Beatiful Mosque. Comfortable for pray. Many tourist visit this place
All QuestionsNational mosque
- Red Bush Enterprise Baptist Church
- Wild Cat Pay Lake
- David Mckenzie Log Cabin
- Camp Caleb
- Fathers House Of Prayer
- Farris Strip Airport
- Faucett Christian Church
- Sparta United Methodist Church
- Wallace Christian Church
- Faucett Baptist Church
- Littlevine Church
- Prospect Baptist Church
- Freewill Baptist Youth Camp
- First Baptist Church
- Nicasio Reservoir