National MosqueCurrently Open [Closes at 01:00 pm]
- Address: JalanPerdana, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 06:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-326937905
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site
National Mosque - Review
This is the heart of the country’s Muslim’s peoples. The complex is quite large. Covering 13 acres, it can hold about 50,000 people. It was built in 1965. The main features of the mosque are:
- 73m-high minaret.
- Star shaped dome with 18 points - they represent the countries 13 states and the five pillars of Islam.
- The beautiful gardens and fountains.
- The Makam Pahlawan (Heroes’ Mausoleum) -Tun Abdul Razak and other politicians are buried here.
- Blue and green tiled roof.
Also, visit nearby attractions in the city which are covered in Kuala Lumpur itinerary 5 days.
National Mosque Information
- Be modestly dressed.
- The mosque provide you with appropriate apparel if you didn’t bring any for yourself.
- You can only visit during non-prayer times.
National Mosque Opening and Closing Hours
- Check the yearly calendar for events and other festivities.
How To reach National Mosque by Public Transport
- Bus 9, 10, 12, 13, 17, 20, 21, 46, 58, 99, B112, BET3, BET 4, U68 U76, U81, U84, U85, U88, U504 stop Telekom Malaysia, Jalan Tun Sambathan.
- Kuala Lumpur old railway station.
Restaurants Near National Mosque
- The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
- Woo Lan
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National Mosque
29.64% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include National Mosque in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
46.76% of people start their National Mosque visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see National Mosque
93.75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Mosque
National Mosque Map
National Mosque Trips
1 View16 Days 15 Nights16 Day Trip to Kuala Lumpur, Penang Hill, Genting Highlands from JeddahBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Kuala Lumpur, Penang Hill, Genting Highlands
National Mosque, Kuala Lumpur Reviews
The best features of the mosque are the 73 meters high minarets and its 16 pointed star concrete which is its main roof. There are many meanings to the design of the mosque. The main roof's design was inspired from the idea of an open umbrella while the minarets were like a folded umbrella. The concrete main roof utilizes the concept of folding plates in order to obtain larger space at the main gathering hall.
The National Mosque of Malaysia never fails to impress you how modernism is portrayed beautiful on a mosque breaking the typical stereotype on how a common mosque is usual stands. This mosque is able to hold up to 15000 congregants. The perimeter of the mosque is covered by gardens. The roof of the mosque resemble an open umbrella and not forgetting the iconic tall minaret. I would recommend to visit this mosque after or before visiting the Islamic Arts Museum. This mosque is situated opposite Kuala Lumpur Station.
Free entrance. Robe is provided free for visitor. Take note of the visiting hours for non Muslim. Simple modern design and cooling interior that to the marble floor. Due to the limited visiting hours for non Muslim, there might be a queue going in.
A national icon and well known landmark. Constantly evolving and expanding with the times. Very popular especially with tourists.
One of my favourite mosques to visit and pray in, the Masjid Negara, although showing its age in parts, still impresses with its design and grandeur. Being big, wide and spacious, more signboards would be helpful since my wife and another lady she talked to there got somewhat lost finding the restrooms and then the main prayer hall. There are still renovations and new constructions going on, so InsyaAllah will make this mosque even better. Also hopefully they will pay more attention to upkeep of current facilities.