National Museum1715 Votes Currently Open
This magnificent three storey building is the most important record of Malaysian history and culture in the country. It’s built to look like a RumahGadang (Gadang House), a style of Minagkabau architecture. Three stories high, its four main galleries focus on natural history and ethnological heritage. An older Selangor Museum was refurbished to serve as the National Museum after it was bombed in 1945. The main galleries focus on:
- Geographic and natural history
- Malay Kingdoms
- Colonial Era
- National Sports Gallery
- The Cultural Gallery: weddings, circumcision, crafts
- Metalwork and Musical Instruments Gallery
There are also cars and old locomotives arranged around the grounds. A principle outdoor exhibit is the Istana Satu (First Palace), a Terengganu-state timber palace. It has two giant burial poles to its sides. Want to spend a couple of days in this beautiful city? Follow this Kuala Lumpur itinerary 2 days.
National Museum Travel Tips
- You may arrange for a guided tour of the place.
Entrance Ticket Details For National Museum
- RM 2 for Malaysian adult
- RM 2 for the disabled and elderly
- Free for students in uniform; under 12
National Museum Hours
- Closed on Hari Raya Aidilfitri;Hari Raya AidilAdha.
How to Reach National Museum
- B112, U82, U83 stop Caltex, JalanTunSambanthan
- Buses BET 3, 4; U 60, 63, 64, 65, , 66, 67, 68, 69. 70, 71, 72, , 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 81, 84, 85, 87, 88, 504; stop - Petronas Brickfields, JalanTunSambanthan
- National Museum Cafeteria
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.19% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include National Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
45.45% of people start their National Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see National Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum