Sri Mahamariamman Temple1817 Votes Currently Open
- Address: JalanTun H S Lee, 50000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-320783467
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple
This 1873 temple served Indian immigrants for many decades, and is now a Chinatown landmark. It’s the oldest Hindu temple in the country still in operation. The highlights of the temple are:
- Its striking 23 metre high gate-tower, called a ‘gopuram’, is impressively sculpted with figures out of south Indian mythology.
- The layout, which is that of a man lying with the head positioned towards the west and the feet towards the east. As you enter, you progress from the feet into the body, and onwards to the head of the man.
- 8 statues of Goddess Lakshmi
- A dazzling 350kilogram silver chariot from 1893
Every 12 years, the temple is re-consecrated. The best time to visit is during the festivals of Thaipusam (January/February), and Diwali (November).
Kuala Lumpur’s cultural charm only gets a notch higher at the Sri Mahamariamman Temple. While there are no Sri Mahamariamman Temple Tickets you can avail some great deals on Tickets for Sri Mahamariamman Temple’s adjoining attractions. Buy tickets for Sri Mahamariamman Temple’s nearby attractions at unbelievable prices from our tickets segment. Sri Mahamariamman Temple ticket prices occur free of cost. Want to spend a couple of days in this beautiful city? Follow this Kuala Lumpur itinerary 2 days.
Sri Mahamariamman Temple Travel Tips
- Peace should be maintained.
- Dress modestly.
How to Reach Sri Mahamariamman Temple
- B115, BET 2, BET 3, BET 4; U80, U88, U224 stop LRT PasarSeni, JalanTun Tan Cheng Lock
- Light Rail Station (LRT) stop PasarSeni – yellow line
- Old China Cafe
- Happy Meal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sri Mahamariamman Temple Address: JalanTun H S Lee, 50000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Sri Mahamariamman Temple Contact Number: +60-320783467
- Sri Mahamariamman Temple Timing: 06:00 am - 09:00 pm
- Best time to visit Sri Mahamariamman Temple(preferred time): 07:00 am - 09:00 am
- Time required to visit Sri Mahamariamman Temple: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
8.51% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Sri Mahamariamman Temple in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
37.5% of people start their Sri Mahamariamman Temple visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sri Mahamariamman Temple
74.19% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sri Mahamariamman Temple
People normally club together Revolving Restaurant At Kl Tower and Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park while planning their visit to Sri Mahamariamman Temple.