Thean Hou TempleCurrently Closed
- Address: 65, PersiaranEndah, Taman PersiaranDesa, 50460 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-322747088
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Outdoors, Leisure, Family And Kids, Architecture
Thean Hou Temple - Review
Opened in 1894 and dedicated to the Goddess TianHou (The Heavenly Mother), the temple is the pride of the Hainanese population. The flamboyant structure is on top of a hill, and there are great views of the city’s skyline. Highlights of the temple are:
- A harmonious combination of Buddhism, Taoism and Confucianism.
- Statues of Guan Di (the God of War) and Wei Tuo.
- A medicinal herb garden.
- A tortoise pond.
- Fountain of Kuan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy, and statues of the three wise men.
- Golden statues in the prayer rooms.
The temple is a popular venue for various events for the community. These can range from weddings to martial arts competitions.
Spend time with the divine at the polish, flamboyant structure of the Thean Hou Temple. Decorating the city's skyline with its grandeur, tickets for the Thean Hou Temple is none and the temple is totally free to explore without the need of Thean Hou Temple tickets. But in order to understand the rich heritage and the history of the place, it is advisable to buy tickets for the Thean Hou Temple from the guided tour tickets on sale. Thean Hou Temple ticket prices weigh less on the budget and helps in a comprehensive experience of the city's famous attractions. Want to spend a couple of days in this beautiful city? Follow this Kuala Lumpur itinerary 2 days.
Thean Hou Temple Information
- Thean Hou Temple is close to Chinatown.
- A large group of people come to visit this temple on Chinese New Year.
- The best time to visit is during a festival, when the temple is joyously lit up.
How To reach Thean Hou Temple by Public Transport
- Buses 12, 13, 99; U (60, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 76, 81, 501) stop Balai Polis Brickfields, JalanTunSambanthan
Restaurants Near Thean Hou Temple
- Devi’s corner
- D’IstanaJalamas Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Thean Hou Temple
39.31% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Thean Hou Temple in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
46.51% of people start their Thean Hou Temple visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Thean Hou Temple
88.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Thean Hou Temple
Thean Hou Temple Map
Thean Hou Temple Trips
Thean Hou Temple, Kuala Lumpur Reviews
A beautiful temple with beautiful scenery. A great place for photography as well. Must wear appropriate clothing because it is a religious place. Free entrance. Would recommend you to just get a Grab if you want to go here because it is quite far from the nearest MRT station. There is a man selling ice cream in the parking lot and the taro one tasted great!
Temple very beautiful. Great aura & all encompassing. I enjoyed being here more than the Petronas Tower. Best temple of Kuala Lumpur .
Beautiful temple! Been twice and loved it both times. The view is incredible and the building is stunning and colourful 👌
Nice surrounding and good scenery from the temple Would suggest for tourists to just take grab car or taxi here cause there is no mrt station nearby Free of charge Vegetarian canteen on the lowest ground and souvenirs shops as well
It’s nice location for sight seeing and photography. However it’s advisable to dress appropriately (less revealing) as it’s a religious place for Taoists worshipping.