Are you looking for what to do in Kuala Lumpur?
THINGS TO DO IN KUALA LUMPUR WITH FAMILY
- Petronas Twin towers: The most alluring of all the places to visit in Kuala Lumpur, this is the tallest building in the world and continues to be a favorite tourist attraction. The Kuala Lumpur itineraries begin and end with the praise of this magnificent structure.
- Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia: A rich collection of Islamic decorative art is housed here. Pieces include pottery, sculptures and paintings.
- Menara KL Tower: A tower that offers you the highest view point from which to see the city. The tower is 421m high and the viewing deck rests at 271m. Above this lies a spinning restaurant where you can have a light meal. This is a magnificent view worth viewing and is one of the favorite Kuala Lumpur attractions.
- Guandi Temple: Built in 1886, this religious building is an inspiration to many. Followers visit the temple every year, thus the Guandi Temple again attracts thousands of visitors and is an important religious tourist attraction in Kuala Lumpur.
- Merdeka Square, Kuala Lumpur: Having historical significance, the Merdeka Square was where the Union Flag was lowered and the Malayan flag was raised for the very first time at the strike of midnight on 31st August 1957. Since then, the square has hosted the annual Merdeka Parade.
- Batu Caves: An iconic tourist attraction of Selangor, the Batu Caves are situated around 14 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur. Site of a Hindu temple, the Caves attract thousands of worshippers and tourists everyday.
- Kuala Lumpur Tower (Menara Ki Tower): The Kuala Lumpur Tower (Menara Ki Tower) is currently the 7th tallest freestanding tower in the world. Home to a revolving restaurant providing diners and beautiful panoramic views, the tower is a must visit while on your vacation.
- Thean Hou Temple: A six tiered Chinese Temple, the Thean Hou Temple was built by the Hainanese in order to commemorate the Goddess of Thean Hou. It is a marvellous piece of architecture and is situated on a vast area of land.
- Putrajaya Bridge: Connecting the Government Precinct and the Mixed Development Precinct, the Putrajaya Bridge is one of the most important bridge in Malaysia and spans across 435 meters.
- Jalan Petaling: The heart of Chinatown is the most colorful and busiest shopping hub in the city. You go there you find anything you can think of. A lot of people who love shopping, love to visit Jalan Petaling as one of their best shopping centers.
- Pudu Market: The city’s largest produce market. Arrive early to take advantage of the low prices and fresh produce. Vendors and shop owners from around the city come here to buy in bulk for resale. Shopping in Kuala Lumpur can be a pocket friendly activity for all.
- Ayurvedium: Visit the day spas to experience healing therapies and massage from India, China and Southeast Asia. Here you will get the best and relaxing body massage you have never experienced before at an affordable price.
THINGS TO DO IN KUALA LUMPUR WITH KIDS
- Aquaria KLCC: Sprawling over 60,000 square feet, the Aquaria KLCC is a world-class aquarium that showcases marine life from Malaysia and surrounding regions.
- Kuala Lumpur Bird Park: It is the world’s largest walk in aviary with over 200 species of birds. The park attracts thousands of tourists each year and it is one of the popular spots you find in Kuala Lumpur. What to do in Kuala Lumpur is not a question of worry for the tourists as there are a host of things to do in the city. There are dozens of shopping malls in Kuala Lumpur offering wide range of products suitable for everyone. Kuala Lumpur vacation planner lists all the shopping hubs as most visited places in the city.
- Berjaya Times Square:
- China Town: Situated at the heart of Kuala Lumpur, China Town is a colourful and vibrant area that probably never sleeps! Located on Petaling Street, China Town is also known as 'Chee Cheong Kai'. Completely immersed in Oriental heritage and culture, the locality is one of the most popular tourist spots in Malaysia.
- Little India
- KidZania Kuala Lumpur
- Mega Kidz World
THINGS TO DO IN KUALA LUMPUR AT NIGHT
- Mid Valley Megamall: The largest one-stop shopping, dining, entertainment experience in Kuala Lumpur. There are quite a number of restaurants and shops here. You will enjoy the meals from the different restaurants, from local to exotic meals. Their meals are all mixed due to the fact that the population itself is a mixture of different cultures. Our Kuala Lumpur itinerary planner suggests this to be a places-must-visit!
- Jalan Alor: The biggest collection of roadside restaurants in the city. The streets transform into a huge open air restaurant that serves local cuisine.
- Reggae Bar & Zouk: Two of the most popular night spots in the city where you can throw back a few drinks and dance the night away.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kuala Lumpur and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kuala Lumpur getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kuala Lumpur with confidence.