Wat Meh Liew Buddhist Temple946 Votes Currently Open
- Address: JalanTunRazak, Pekeliling, 53000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysi, Malaysia
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +60-122272966
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple
This temple is famous mostly for its talismans and votive figures; they sell like hot cakes, and proceeds go towards sustaining the temple. They make for excellent souvenirs. However, people also visit to see the 4 faced Buddha (the PhraPhrom), which is said to grant wishes to its most faithful devotees. The temple, built in 1929, is thought to be the first Thai Buddhist temple in the city. is in a pleasant and shaded complex. The shrines are very intricate. There’s a big Buddha statue outside.
Wat Meh Liew Buddhist Temple Travel Tips
- Avoid visiting on Fridays; prayer times at the adjacent mosque means huge crowds.
- Don’t try to reach the temple from the north via Jalan 65c or Jalan 3/65c; these roads don’t lead into JalanTunRazak. Enter from the South as follows: Coming from Titiwangsa Station, look to your left for a small alley. Follow it for one minute to reach the temple.
How to Reach Wat Meh Liew Buddhist Temple
- Titiwangsa Monorail Station – Green Line
- Buses U20, 201, T223 stop Terminal Bus TitiwangsaJalanTunRazak
- Buses B102,B114, U12, U20, U 24, U25, U33, U 201 stop Hospital Kuala Lumpur Jalan Pahang
- Bus 41 stop Car Sales Office, Jalan Pahang
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kuala Lumpur before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuala Lumpur and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.34% of people who visit Kuala Lumpur include Wat Meh Liew Buddhist Temple in their plan
25% of people start their Wat Meh Liew Buddhist Temple visit around 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Wat Meh Liew Buddhist Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Wat Meh Liew Buddhist Temple