With its rainforest, abundant wildlife, jungle streams, waterfalls, interesting plant life, secluded beaches, panoramic rocky shoreline, bizarre rock formations and extensive network of trekking trails, Bako National Park offers visitors an excellent introduction to the rainforest and coastline of Borneo.
Bako may not have an instantly recognisable star attraction, but there can be very few places in the world that pack so much natural beauty into such a limited area, all just 37 km from Kuching. Its accessibility and its sheer range of attractions and activities have made Bako one of the most popular parks in Sarawak.
Bako National Park is one of the premier parks of Malaysia thanks to its scenic natural beauty, presence of a number of waterfalls, hiking trails and the wonderful coastal line. Tickets for Bako National Park are available on the spot but during peak seasons can be a pain to get easily. It is easier and wiser to buy tickets for Bako National Park online in advance so that no time is wasted at all. Our ticketing section has a variety of tours with Bako National Park ticket prices and also Bako National Park tickets combined with other great attractions around.
Bako National Park Travel Tips
- There is a local cafeteria that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner for about MYR 5 - 7 as well as cold can drinks for MYR 2.50, and 1.5l water bottles for MYR 3.50.
- Visitors to the park should ensure they carry large quantities of water with them.
- Virtually all of the trails are unsuitable for people suffering from limited mobility. Some parts of trails are negotiable only by wooden ladders and rickety bridges and boardwarks.
- Judging by the huge number of people passing through, these are better maintained than it might appear, but you'll still want to tread carefully.
Entrance Ticket Details For Bako National Park
- Malaysian locals pay MYR 7 as entrance fee and foreigners pay MYR 20.
How to Reach Bako National Park
- A bus ride from Kuching to Bako Market takes about 45-60 minutes and costs MYR 3.50 each way.
- Buses leave to/from Bako about once every hour starting from about 7:00 am from Kuching and finishing about 6:00 pm from Bako, but the schedule is not firm.
- A local cafeteria serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kuching before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuching and book an accommodation of your choice.
76.01% of people who visit Kuching include Bako National Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
33.33% of people start their Bako National Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Bako National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bako National Park