Sarawak Orchid GardenCurrently Open
- Address: 93050 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Tags: Garden, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Situated next to Astana (the official Residence of the State Governor), across the Sarawak River and opposite, the Kuching Waterfront, Kuching Orchid Garden, has become an icon for Kuching. The 3.54 acres garden overlooks the magnificent new Sarawak State Legislative Assembly building. The Construction of the garden commenced in November 2007 and was completed in May 2009 is one of the tourist attractions, offering visitors knowledge and information on orchids and other related plants. It has a collection of 75,000 orchids from 65 epiphytic and terrestrial species and hybrid, growing in open and shaded areas resembling their natural habitats. The garden features the world-renowned Borneo Orchids, known for its beauty and potentials as horticultural plants
Sarawak Orchid Garden Travel Tips
- There is no charge for Camera.
- Crossing the Sarawak river on a wooden boat known as 'Penambang' is a more interesting way to get to the garden.
- Remember to bring a hat and your camera (great for macro photography).
How to Reach Sarawak Orchid Garden
- Nearest Bus Stop: Bus Stop Jalan Datuk
- Magenta Restaurant
- Life Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kuching before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuching and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.2% of people who visit Kuching include Sarawak Orchid Garden in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
45.51% of people start their Sarawak Orchid Garden visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Sarawak Orchid Garden
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sarawak Orchid Garden