Established with the motive of conservation and care for wild animals, the national park offers a unique opportunity to interact with animals that are well nurtured and looked after. Also a rehabilitation centre, it’s orang-utan project is world renowned.
The Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre is located just 12 miles south of Kuching in Borneo's 1613-acre Semenggoh Nature Reserve. Since 1975 the center has been accepting animals either orphaned, injured, or rescued from captivity and reintroducing them back into the wild.
Semenggoh National Park Travel Tips
- Turn the flash off on your camera.
- Never get closer than 20 feet to an orangutan, they have been known to injure humans.
- Absolutely no food, water bottles, or smoking are allowed around the orangutans.
Entrance Ticket Details For Semenggoh National Park
- Children fee- MYR 1.50.
Semenggoh National Park Hours
- Feeding times are 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
How to Reach Semenggoh National Park
- Buses leave from the Sarawak Transport Company (STC) office on Jalan Mosque, not far from India Street on the west side of the Kuching waterfront.
- Bus timetables change frequently and sometimes buses don't run at all.
- SCR Express
- Sugar Bun
- Chef’s Special
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kuching before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuching and book an accommodation of your choice.
74.78% of people who visit Kuching include Semenggoh National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
87.56% of people start their Semenggoh National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Semenggoh National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Semenggoh National Park