Semenggoh National ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: Sarawak, Malayasia, Kuching, Malaysia
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 6082-618423
- Ticket Price: 3 MYR
- Tags: Outdoors, National Park, Wildlife Sanctuary , Wildlife Park, Zoo, Family And Kids
Semenggoh National Park - Review
Established with the motive of conservation and care for wild animals, the national park offers a unique opportunity to interact with animals that are well nurtured and looked after. Also a rehabilitation centre, it’s orang-utan project is world renowned.
The Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre is located just 12 miles south of Kuching in Borneo's 1613-acre Semenggoh Nature Reserve. Since 1975 the center has been accepting animals either orphaned, injured, or rescued from captivity and reintroducing them back into the wild.
Semenggoh National Park Information
- Turn the flash off on your camera.
- Never get closer than 20 feet to an orangutan, they have been known to injure humans.
- Absolutely no food, water bottles, or smoking are allowed around the orangutans.
Semenggoh National Park Ticket Prices
- Children fee- MYR 1.50.
Semenggoh National Park Hours
- Feeding times are 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
How To reach Semenggoh National Park by Public Transport
- Buses leave from the Sarawak Transport Company (STC) office on Jalan Mosque, not far from India Street on the west side of the Kuching waterfront.
- Bus timetables change frequently and sometimes buses don't run at all.
Restaurants Near Semenggoh National Park
- SCR Express
- Sugar Bun
- Chef’s Special
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kuching before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kuching and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Semenggoh National Park
94.13% of people who visit Kuching include Semenggoh National Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
87.56% of people start their Semenggoh National Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Semenggoh National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Semenggoh National Park