Are you looking for what to do in Kuching?
THINGS TO DO
- Kuching Esplanade: Whether it’s for an after dinner stroll or for dinner itself, Kuching Esplanade provides a perfect ambiance for a relaxed yet enjoyable evening out with family and friends. One of the most rejuvenating things to do in Kuching. The Kuching Waterfront is bustling with activity and always abuzz with celebrations.
- Sarawak Cultural Village: Sarawak Cultural village is a unique place that exhibits the culture and customs of Malaysians. Tucked away at the foot of Mount Santubong, the village is rightly called ‘the living museum’.One of the best places to visit in Kuching.
- Semenggoh National Park: Established with the motive of conservation and care for wild animals, the national park offers a unique opportunity to interact with animals that are well nurtured and looked after. Also a rehabilitation centre, it’s orang-utan project is world renowned.It is bound to be a highlight of your Kuching Sightseeing.
- Sarawak Museum: Personally curated by the White Rajjah of Sarawak, the Sarawak Museum is one of the oldest museums in Malaysia. An enticing collection of natural history and Sarawak fauna, there is much to be intrigued by at this museum.
- Weekend Market: A Kuching institution, starting every Saturday afternoon and winding down by noontime Sunday, the weekend market is full of eclectic experiences and teasing smells. A great place for people watching and buying local produce and knick-knacks. No Kuching tour guide will be able to do justice in describing the scenes at these markets.
- Kuching Civic Centre: A major landmark in Kuching, this star-trek inspired building offers stunning views of this magical city. Most likely the inspiration for the Petronas towers in Kuala Lumpur! Even so, the kuching Civic Centre is definitely a good tourist attraction in Kuching.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kuching and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kuching getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kuching with confidence.