Are you looking for what to do in Kullu?
PLACES TO SEE
Kullu and Manali have lots of sights for visitors to see. The sights popular with tourists in Kullu are:
- Raghunath Temple: This 17th century temple built by Raja Jagat Singh is dedicated to Lord Rama and sees a lot of pilgrims and visitors.
- Bijli Mahadev Temple: Situated atop a hill overlooking the town of Kullu, this old Shiva Temple is a popular attraction for the temple and also the scenic surroundings.
- Sultanpur Palace: A lovely palace with beautifully designed interior and exterior. The Sultanpur Palace contains wonderful miniatures done in the Kullu painting style.
Other sites are the Baseshwar Mahadev Temple, Vaishnodevi Temple and Jaggannathi Devi Temple. Manali is also known for its places of interest, some of which are:
- Rohtang Pass: The pinnacle on the Manali-Geylong road, the Rohtang Pass is a great point from where the snow covered peaks of the Himalayas and the Daussar Lake can be seen. The Beas Kund, the fount of the Beas River lies in the same area.
- Temples: The temple of Maa Sharvari, the chief diety of the Kullu kings and the temple of the goddess Hidimba are situated in Manali and receive visitors from all over the state.
- Vashisht Hot Springs: The hot sulphur springs at Vashisht have medicinal value and receive a lot of visitors. Two stone temples devoted to Saint Vashisht, embellished with intricate wood carvings lie in the same vicinity.
- Other sites of interest include Solang Valley, Gauri Shankar Temple, Rahala and Rozy Waterfalls, Buddhist monasteries. The Beas Riveris a great place for different water sports, fishing and more.
THINGS TO DO
- Nightclubs and Pubs: Kullu and Manali are small towns and do not have conventional discos or pubs except for Johnson’s Cafe, Chopsticks, Khyber which are popular hangouts because of the open fire, good music and good food.
- Shopping: The local handicrafts and shawls which are made in the region are available in the market. The Bhuttico store deserves special mention for the good quality and guarantee offered. Manali market is great for buying woolen clothes, key chains, message plates and many more. The Old Manali market sells jewelry, 70’s western outfits and other such articles.
- Hike the Chandrakhani Pass.
- Enjoy the hot Springs at Manikaran.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kullu and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kullu getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kullu with confidence.