Events and Festivals in Kumarakom
- February: Sivratri is all about devoting prayers and rites in honor of Lord Shiva.
- March: Holi, the festival of colors.
- April: Ugadi Festival is the local version of the New Year’s Celebration.
- May: Buddha Purnima is the celebration of the life, enlightenment and death of Lord Buddha.
- July: The boat race season begins. The following are usually held every year between July and September, and are not to be missed on your vacation itinerary planners: Champakulam Moolam Boat Race, Aranmula Uthrattadi Vallamkali Payippad Jalotsavam, Nehru Trophy Boat Race.
- August and September: Onam: The harvest festival season sees a lot of snake boat racing in the canals around town. 100-150 oarsmen may man a single vessel.
- September: The 10 day Dusserah celebrates Lord Rama’s victory over Ravana and his armies.
- October: Diwali is the festival of lights.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Kumarakom