Events and Festivals in Kumarakom
- February: Sivratri is all about devoting prayers and rites in honor of Lord Shiva.
- March: Holi, the festival of colors.
- April: Ugadi Festival is the local version of the New Year’s Celebration.
- May: Buddha Purnima is the celebration of the life, enlightenment and death of Lord Buddha.
- July: The boat race season begins. The following are usually held every year between July and September, and are not to be missed on your vacation itinerary planners: Champakulam Moolam Boat Race, Aranmula Uthrattadi Vallamkali Payippad Jalotsavam, Nehru Trophy Boat Race.
- August and September: Onam: The harvest festival season sees a lot of snake boat racing in the canals around town. 100-150 oarsmen may man a single vessel.
- September: The 10 day Dusserah celebrates Lord Rama’s victory over Ravana and his armies.
- October: Diwali is the festival of lights.
Trip plans for Kumarakom
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Kumarakom
Kumarakom Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Kumarakom
Save 20%Kerala Tour - 4 days and 3 Nights
Duration: 4 Days
Discover the surreal beauty of Kerala with this tour that introduces you to its vignettes. From the hills of Munnar to the ba...
- Events & Festivals in Muhamma
- Events & Festivals in Cherthala
- Events & Festivals in Athirampuzha
- Events & Festivals in Arthunkal
- Events & Festivals in Vaikom
- Events & Festivals in Pallipuram