How to Reach Kumarakom
- By Air: Kochi International Airport is well connected domestically.
- By Train: Kottayam Railway Station is 13 km away.
- By Taxi/Car: You can hire/rent a car from Alleppey or Kochi.
- By Boat: There is a boat jetty near Vivanta by Taj.
- By Bus: Multiple state buslines stop by the SH42 bus stop.
- By Foot: The village is quite tiny. Most of it can simply be strolled along.
- By Boat: If you arrange for a houseboat (packages start as low as one bedroom INR 6000 boats, and may go up to 6-bedroom INR 55000 boats), there is no better way to tour the lake and the backwaters of Kerala.
- By Car/Taxi: For attractions out of town, this is the best way to travel.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kumarakom. The most preferred mode of transport in Kumarakom is Bus/Trolleybus.
Average distance: 15.64 km Average time: 48.15 min
Bus/Trolleybus 30.77%Bus 36.25 min Waiting 10 min Walking 4 min Overall average time for 15.83 kms 50.25 min
Bike 15.38%Bike 27.5 min Overall average time for 12 kms 27.5 min
Motorbike 7.69%Motorbike 10 min Overall average time for 10 kms 10 min
Car 23.08%Driving 55 min Walking 0.33 min Overall average time for 14.67 kms 55.33 min
Walking 15.38%Walking 27.5 min Bike 7.5 min Train 5 min Waiting 2.5 min Other 1 min Overall average time for 6 kms 43.5 min
Train/Metro 7.69%Train 72 min Waiting 20 min Walking 15 min Overall average time for 50 kms 107 min