How to Reach Kumarakom
- By Air: Kochi International Airport is well connected domestically.
- By Train: Kottayam Railway Station is 13 km away.
- By Taxi/Car: You can hire/rent a car from Alleppey or Kochi.
- By Boat: There is a boat jetty near Vivanta by Taj.
- By Bus: Multiple state buslines stop by the SH42 bus stop.
- By Foot: The village is quite tiny. Most of it can simply be strolled along.
- By Boat: If you arrange for a houseboat (packages start as low as one bedroom INR 6000 boats, and may go up to 6-bedroom INR 55000 boats), there is no better way to tour the lake and the backwaters of Kerala.
- By Car/Taxi: For attractions out of town, this is the best way to travel.