Nestled along the western foot of the Wwuhua Hill, Kunming’s Cui Hu Park is an urban green zone dating back to the 17th century. The park is located directly facing the Yunnan University. Thronged by tourists who trail the ring road and enjoy the aesthetic beauty of the tea houses along the path, this park is a central attraction for nature lovers and solace seekers.
The Cui Hu Park consists of 4 scenic islands linked by traditional Chinese bridges. The park is located over the Green Lake, which was once a part of the Dianchi Lake. The pavilions in the park bear bright paints to create illusion of old-world charm. The park hosts Chinese operas and Theme plays in the evening. The statue of Nie Er and the Jiang Wu Tang building are popular tourist attractions. Five gates and two causeways lead the visitors into the park.
- The park is also called as the Green Park Lake.
- The popular paces of visit around the park are Kunming Zoo, Yunnan Army Military Academy, Mid-sea Pavilion and the Bamboo Forest Islet.
- Another attraction Lotus Temple is a serene place for worship.
- It is a nesting lake for seagulls. Don’t trespass their territory.
- Poaching animals of the park is a serious crime punishable by fine and imprisonment.
- Don’t swim in the lake as it is unguarded at some places.
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Recommended time to visit park- 9:00 am
Nearest Railway Station: Kunming Central station
- Bus No: 1; Bus stop: Yunnan University
- Bus No: 4, 5, 26, 69, 83, 96 ; Bus stop: Bai hui Shopping Centre
- Bus No: K2, 54 and 61; Bus stop: Xiaoximen Stop
- Bus No: 133; Bus stop: Green Lake
- Green Lake Hotel
- Harbour Plaza Hotel
- Qiao Xiangyuan Restaurant
- Yidong Yanglou
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kunming before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kunming and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.82% of people who visit Kunming include Cui Hu Park in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
28.79% of people start their Cui Hu Park visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Cui Hu Park
64.91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cui Hu Park