Kunming is the pride of Yunnan Province and more so because of the Dian Chi Lake. It is one of the ten largest lakes in China and is a part of the YagTze River Basin. It served as the model for the Kunming Lake developed in the Summer Palace in Beijing.
Spread over 298 square kilometres in South China region, Dian Chi Lake is a freshwater lake located at a height of 6189 feet above sea level. Formed in the shape of a crescent, the lake is surrounded by hills on three sides. Jinma, Biji, White Crane and Sheshan Hill form the perimeter of the water body. The scenic beauty around the lake is captivating and hosts numerous tourist attractions across its span. Popular spots along the lake are Yunnan Ethnic Villages, Grand View Park, White Fish Park, Haigeng Bank, Kwan-yin Hill, Western Hills Forest Park and Baihe Hill.
Dian Chi Lake Travel Tips
- The lake is being revived from polluted state.
- The lake is accessible any time of the day.
- It is not considered safe after dark.
- Avoid taking dips or go for swim in unmarked areas.
- Don’t litter the swamps and shallow parts. It is punishable offence.
- Wear Mosquito repellents and insect repellents to prevent bites.
- Wear shoes while treading the treacherous path.
- Very friendly trail for the kids as well as the elderly.
Dian Chi Lake Hours
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Recommended time to visit : 10:00 am
How to Reach Dian Chi Lake
- Nearest Railway Station: Kunming Central
- Bus No: 22/44, Bus stop: Dian Chi
- Green Lake Hotel
- Harbour Plaza Hotel
- Qiao Xiangyuan Restaurant
- Yidong Yanglou
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kunming before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kunming and book an accommodation of your choice.
33.03% of people who visit Kunming include Dian Chi Lake in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
77.78% of people start their Dian Chi Lake visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dian Chi Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dian Chi Lake