Dian Chi LakeCurrently Closed
- Address: 1318, Dianchi Road, Southwest of Xishan District, Xishan District, Kunming 650228, China
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Water Body, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Lake, Picnic Spot, Nature
Dian Chi Lake - Review
Kunming is the pride of Yunnan Province and more so because of the Dian Chi Lake. It is one of the ten largest lakes in China and is a part of the YagTze River Basin. It served as the model for the Kunming Lake developed in the Summer Palace in Beijing.
Spread over 298 square kilometres in South China region, Dian Chi Lake is a freshwater lake located at a height of 6189 feet above sea level. Formed in the shape of a crescent, the lake is surrounded by hills on three sides. Jinma, Biji, White Crane and Sheshan Hill form the perimeter of the water body. The scenic beauty around the lake is captivating and hosts numerous tourist attractions across its span. Popular spots along the lake are Yunnan Ethnic Villages, Grand View Park, White Fish Park, Haigeng Bank, Kwan-yin Hill, Western Hills Forest Park and Baihe Hill.
Dian Chi Lake Information
- The lake is being revived from polluted state.
- The lake is accessible any time of the day.
- It is not considered safe after dark.
- Avoid taking dips or go for swim in unmarked areas.
- Don’t litter the swamps and shallow parts. It is punishable offence.
- Wear Mosquito repellents and insect repellents to prevent bites.
- Wear shoes while treading the treacherous path.
- Very friendly trail for the kids as well as the elderly.
Dian Chi Lake Opening and Closing Hours
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Recommended time to visit : 10:00 am
How To reach Dian Chi Lake by Public Transport
- Nearest Railway Station: Kunming Central
- Bus No: 22/44, Bus stop: Dian Chi
Restaurants Near Dian Chi Lake
- Green Lake Hotel
- Harbour Plaza Hotel
- Qiao Xiangyuan Restaurant
- Yidong Yanglou
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kunming before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kunming and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dian Chi Lake
95% of people who visit Kunming include Dian Chi Lake in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
74.79% of people start their Dian Chi Lake visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dian Chi Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dian Chi Lake
Dian Chi Lake Map
Dian Chi Lake Trips
Dian Chi Lake, Kunming Reviews
Nice outdoor location with fun activities.
This is the biggest inland lake in Kungming, easily accessible from the city area by public transports. In the Winter, sea birds are concentrating around the lake, making great fund to feed the birds and take exciting pictures. In other seasons, the lake is as beautiful as it usually is. With blue sky it shines. In misky days it looks mysterious. The more interesting part of the lake is around the northern side. In the NE side of the lake there are amusement parks, open spaces, food stalls and a cultural market. In the NW side of the lake there is the Xishan Mountain accessible by cable cars. With many visiting spots and activities one-day visit might not be enough.
What a place, Unforgettable experience
A normal pool
All QuestionsDian chi lake
- Banana Bowling
- Iglesia Cristiana De Carlsbad
- Carlsbad Rotary Oktoberfest
- Bassi Rita
- Coastline Community Church
- Regal Cinemas Carlsbad 12
- First Baptist Church Of Carlsbad
- Trinity Fellowship
- Beach Cities Center For Spiritual Living
- Las Flores Church Of The Nazarene
- California Water Sports Kayak & Canoe Sales & Rentals
- LA Costa City Library
- Ivanffy-Uhler Gallery
- Captain Cranky's Challenge