Shilin Stone Forest, Kunming
About Shilin Stone Forest, Kunming
Shilin Stone Forest, Kunming - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Shilin, Kunming, Yunnan, China
Ticket Price: 175 CNY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.5K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Forest, Tourist Center, Nature, Unesco Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Yunnan province is blessed with natural vistas and breath-taking landscapes. Kunming’s Shilin Stone Forest is spread over a massive 400 square kilometres of land featuring large and small stone structures. The villages in the forest are part of the UNESCO Heritage list with the forest itself coming under the A5 Class tourist destination.
Shilin Stone Forest is aptly called the 'First Wonder of the World' owing to the naturally carved stone relics and intricate canyons. The life-like stone formations are found mostly in the stone forests of the Naigu. The key highlight of the natural stone park is the annual Torch Festival hosted on June 24. Bull-fighting, A-Xi Moon dance, lion dance and pole-climbing are prominent performances of the festival.
Shilin Stone Forest Information
- It takes a drive of three hours from Kunming to reach the forests.
- Don’t miss the chance to take a dip in the Lake Yue and Lake Chang.
- Maps in Chinese and English are available for Yuan 10.
- Last bus from the site leaves at 6:00 pm for Kunming.
- Some parts of the forests are rocky and dangerous. Use ropes and rails for safety.
- The road leading to the Qifeng caves and Zhyun Cave often suffer from landslides. Enquire before moving up.
Shilin Stone Forest Ticket Prices
- During Spring Festival Holiday; May Day Holiday and National Day Holiday (Oct. 1-7) - CNY 140
- Students and journalists - CNY 87.5
Shilin Stone Forest Opening and Closing Hours
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Recommended time to visit : 9:00 am
How To reach Shilin Stone Forest by Public Transport
- Nearest Railway Station: Shilin railways station
- Bus stop: Kunming East Coach Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kunming before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kunming and book an accommodation of your choice.
Shilin Stone Forest, Kunming Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Qicai Junyuan
- Yiliang Jiuxiang Scenic Area
- Dianchi Satellne City
- Ethnic Village Exit
- Kunming Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Kunming
- What to See in 48 Hours in Kunming
- What to See in 72 Hours in Kunming
- How to Spend 5 Days in Kunming
- How to Spend 6 Days in Kunming
- How to Spend 7 Days in Kunming