Shilin Stone ForestCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Shilin, Kunming, Yunnan, China
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 175 CNY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Forest, Tourist Center, Nature, Unesco Site
Shilin Stone Forest - Review
The Yunnan province is blessed with natural vistas and breath-taking landscapes. Kunming’s Shilin Stone Forest is spread over a massive 400 square kilometres of land featuring large and small stone structures. The villages in the forest are part of the UNESCO Heritage list with the forest itself coming under the A5 Class tourist destination.
Shilin Stone Forest is aptly called the 'First Wonder of the World' owing to the naturally carved stone relics and intricate canyons. The life-like stone formations are found mostly in the stone forests of the Naigu. The key highlight of the natural stone park is the annual Torch Festival hosted on June 24. Bull-fighting, A-Xi Moon dance, lion dance and pole-climbing are prominent performances of the festival.
Shilin Stone Forest Information
- It takes a drive of three hours from Kunming to reach the forests.
- Don’t miss the chance to take a dip in the Lake Yue and Lake Chang.
- Maps in Chinese and English are available for Yuan 10.
- Last bus from the site leaves at 6:00 pm for Kunming.
- Some parts of the forests are rocky and dangerous. Use ropes and rails for safety.
- The road leading to the Qifeng caves and Zhyun Cave often suffer from landslides. Enquire before moving up.
Shilin Stone Forest Ticket Prices
- During Spring Festival Holiday; May Day Holiday and National Day Holiday (Oct. 1-7) - CNY 140
- Students and journalists - CNY 87.5
Shilin Stone Forest Hours
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Recommended time to visit : 9:00 am
How To reach Shilin Stone Forest by Public Transport
- Nearest Railway Station: Shilin railways station
- Bus stop: Kunming East Coach Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kunming before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kunming and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Shilin Stone Forest
95% of people who visit Kunming include Shilin Stone Forest in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
94.87% of people start their Shilin Stone Forest visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Shilin Stone Forest
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Shilin Stone Forest
People normally also visit Jiuxiang Scenic Area while planning their trip to Shilin Stone Forest.
People also prefer to start their day with Shilin Stone Forest.