Are you looking for what to do in Kunming?
PLACES TO SEE
- Stone Forest: A karst formation with stone caves, pavilions and arches that went on to become a huge tourist attraction. It is about 96kms towards the southeast of the city.
- Earth Forest: A picturesque spot located in the in Yuanmou County in Chuxiong Prefecture. This forest, including the stone forest in Kunming and sand forest in Luliang form the three most important places to see in Yunnan.
- Yuantong Temple: A 1200 year old Buddhist temple built in the late eighth century by King Yimouxun. With unique Ming and Qing architectural style, this temple becomes a great sightseeing place for the tourists.
- Tanhua Temple: A temple built upon the thatched-shack of a Ming dynasty scholar, Shi Shiqiao.
- Yunnan University Wu Mayao Museum of Anthropology: A museum exhibiting the artefacts of the Han Dynasty and other rulers of the area.
- Kunming Zoology Museum: A museum that is home to an impressive collection of Yunnan’s animal life.
Tourist information and other details regarding the maps and travel guides are available at the tourism office of Yunnan, or at the official tourist website of the city.
- Wonders of Yunnan Tours-Kunming Stone Forest Private One-day Tour: A full-fledged tour of the Stone forest and other sightseeing places of Yunnan along with an experienced tour guide. Address: No.86 Dongfeng East Road, Kunming 650041, China.
- Yunnan Day Trip- See Yunnan-Yunnan Science and technology International Tour Company: Day trip of Yunnan province. Address: Room 314, No.26 Huguo Road, Kunming, China.
- Zouba Tours-Day Tour: Private Eco tours with professional travel guide. Address: No.988 Chuanjin Road, Kunming 650214, China.
- Ride China-Kunming Private One-day Motorcycle Tours: Bike tours of Kunming. Address: No.86 East Dong Feng Road, Kunming 650041, China.
Below we have a list of things to do in Kunming and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Kunming getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Kunming with confidence.