Yunnan still shelters the diversity of its demography earning wide-scale tourist volume. The Yunnan Nationalities Museum is the best place to catch up with the dress, textiles, pottery, literature and art of the minority groups living in South China. Located on a scenic setting overlooking the Dian Chi Lake, the Yunnan Nationalities Museum is one of China’s most popular Ethnology museum.
The Yunnan Nationalities Museum is located very close to the Yunnan Nationalities Village. It exhibits more than 120,000 items categorized under 16 broad categories. Stone relics, ancient books, and statues are eye-catching adornment of the museum. The ethnic culture of the 25 minority groups of Yunnan province are exorbitantly highlighted with guided tours and supporting tools.
Yunnan Nationalities Museum Travel Tips
- Other contact number is +86871-4310871/4311219.
- The museum was formerly called as Yunnan Museum of Minority Nationalities.
- Guided tours are available for foreign tourists.
- The museum is a comfortable place for physically-challenged visitors.
- Photography is not allowed inside the exhibition halls.
Yunnan Nationalities Museum Hours
- Please enquire before you visit.
- Recommended time to visit is 11:00 am.
How to Reach Yunnan Nationalities Museum
- Nearest Railway Station: Kunming Central
- Bus No: 24, 44 and 73, 135, 172, 184, 23, Bus stop: Dian Chi Road
- Green Lake Hotel
- Harbour Plaza Hotel
- Qiao Xiang Yuan Restaurant
- Yidong Yanglou
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kunming before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kunming and book an accommodation of your choice.
21.12% of people who visit Kunming include Yunnan Nationalities Museum in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
50% of people start their Yunnan Nationalities Museum visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Yunnan Nationalities Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Yunnan Nationalities Museum