Butterfly SanctuaryCurrently Open
- Address: 8 Rob Veivers Dr, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia Map
- Phone: +61-740937575
- Tags: Family And Kids, Nature
Who doesn’t like the fluttering butterflies flashing a riot of colours? At the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary in Kuranda, you will not only get to enjoy the fluttering wings amid the rainforest setup but also learn about them and even let them sit on your skin. Home to over two thousand Tropical butterflies of all sizes, shapes, and colours, the Butterfly Sanctuary is the largest of its kind in the Southern Hemisphere. Ulysses, Red Lacewing, Orange Lacewing, Cruiser, Cairns, Orchard, Orchard Snowtail and Common Eggfly are some of the butterflies along with moths like the largest Hercules Moth and Silkmoths are found here in abundance. You can learn about their life cycle, diet and the plants favouring their growth. You can check them under a microscope at the laboratory or check out the museum containing the preserved species.
How to Reach Butterfly Sanctuary
- Rented Car / Taxi
- Butterfly Sanctuary Address: 8 Rob Veivers Dr, Kuranda QLD 4881, Australia
- Butterfly Sanctuary Contact Number: +61-740937575
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!