Visit Kusadasi - Best of Kusadasi
A mythical landscape of history, of sea, of glitter, of underwater caves and of music that finds its way through the bowels of the Aegean Coast- all these coalesce together in order to form Kusadasi, a city which yearns to merge with the azure waters. Tourism to Turkey can never be consummated without visiting Kusadasi which unravels stories of the past with the same vigour as it introduces its modern day hip culture through its bedazzling nightlife. A melange of Turkish- Greek culture, Kusadasi’s seascape is ideal to cuddle with the waves through a plethora of water activities resulting in a thrilling and adventurous holiday package.
Known as the “bird island” in Turkish, the city has been a witness to the glories of the human civilization ever since the Greeks. Bejewelled with the ruins of the temples in Ephesus, or the ancient structures, the city insinuates its visitors to recreate the Classical era. Today, the city is strewn with faux-English pubs, tattoo parlors, beach and souvenir shops and discos, evident of the ways in which it has co-opted cosmopolitanism and tourism within its belt. As for its beaches, there are a very few islands in this world which can parallel the transparent, serene and transcultural(Greco-Turkish) Kusadasi’s port, once a centre for trade and commerce.
An exemplary destination for those who consider sun and beaches to be their dreamland! Do remember to take your sips of famous Turkish coffee while being pampered by the touch of the sea- side breeze on your face.
Kusadasi Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Kusadasi tips for your visit
- While going to a daily excursion around Kusadasi, essential things you should carry are : water, sun cream, hat and a camera.
- Penalty for possession, use or trafficking in illegal drugs in Turkey is very strict. So do not bring or use any kind of drugs in Kusadasi.
- Although robbery is not a major problem in Kusadasi, it is advisable to carry as little with you as possible and lock up your valuables and documents in the hotel’s safe boxes. In the event of robbery, call 155 police Help.
- While in Kusadasi, don’t forget to taste Turkish coffee, Ayran and Raki-that are traditional drinks of Turkey.
- Don’t stay in the Sun between 12:00-15:00 without any protection.
- The beaches in the centre are for Sun bathing, it is not advisable to swim in.
Are you looking for a Kusadasi travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Kusadasi Tourist Information
Kusadasi Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Kusadasi
Save 10%Kusadasi Private Shore Excursion: Ephesus, Winery, and Lunch7 Reviews
Duration: 7 Hrs
Once you board your private luxurious vehicle you will drive up to a scenically wonderful coastal roadto reach the ancient Ep...
Save 7%Kusadasi Shore Excursion: Private Tour to Ephesus including Basilica of St John and Temple of Artemis31 Reviews
Duration: 6 Hrs
Explore the spectacular ancient city of Ephesus on a private shore excursion from the Kusadasi port. Learn about the rich his...
Save 10%Small-Group Pamukkale Day Trip from Kusadasi: Travertines and Hierapolis26 Reviews
Duration: 10 Hrs
Visit the archaeological site of Pamukkale and see its extraordinary white travertine rock terraces cascading down from the c...
Save 10%Kusadasi Shore Excursion: Private Half-Day Tour to Ephesus Including the Temple of Artemis and irince102 Reviews
Duration: 5 Hrs
When your ship moors in Kusadasi port, seize the moment and visit ancient Ephesus on this 5-hour private shore excursion. Mee...