Kusadasi Castle303 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kusadasi Merkez, Kusadasi, Turkey Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building
Situated within the Pigeon Island, Kusadasi Castle should be your first stopover. The Pigeon Island is a small island connected to the city centre of Kusadasi through “causeway”, easily accessible on foot. What can be a better location to find an amalgam of nature and culture than this site which incorporates the restored ruins of 14th or 15th century! The Castle belongs to the Ottoman era, built by Admiral Barbarossa around 1534 Ad.
The location of the island was considered as strategic for securing the shores or preventing the attacks from the sea. Known as the “Pirate Castle” the fortress has become the iconic image of Kusadasi. There is a museum inside the Castle which would be of special interest to those who want to understand the Byzantine architecture. The island on the other hand incorporates a lot of swimming beaches at the back of peninsula, towards the open sea. The visitors will be mesmerized to see such romantic and panoramic scenery that surrounds the castle. For the lovers of entertainment, the fortress houses a restaurant and disco with a view back across the bay to the Kusadasi Harbour.
Buy tickets for Kusadasi Castle and go on a walk into the rich history of the Ottoman era at the Kusadasi Castle in the Pigeon Island. Combined with the Kusadasi Castle tickets is a guided tour that gives you an interesting peek into the culture and the history of Ottoman Empire and Kusadasi Castle ticket prices are an absolute steal in this regard!
Tickets for Kusadasi Castle is the best thing you would have got with your money and you will thoroughly love it!
Kusadasi Castle Travel Tips
- The visitors should carry hats and water as a lot of heat and Sun would be expected.
- The castle is currently closed for renovation but the visitors can still walk down till a certain point and can gaze at the walls of the ruins. Great place for Photography!
How to Reach Kusadasi Castle
- Walkable distance from Kusadasi centre.
- Two Spoons
- China Garden
- Some where else
- Dedam K. Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kusadasi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kusadasi and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Kusadasi Castle Address: Kusadasi Merkez, Kusadasi, Turkey
- Kusadasi Castle Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Kusadasi Castle(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Kusadasi Castle: 04:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
32.76% of people who visit Kusadasi include Kusadasi Castle in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
75.51% of people start their Kusadasi Castle visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Kusadasi Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kusadasi Castle
People normally club together Dilek National Park and Ladies Beach while planning their visit to Kusadasi Castle.
People also prefer to end their day with Kusadasi Castle.