Visit Kuta - Best of Kuta
Kuta’s warmth is seen in its every asset- untouched, raw beaches, spiritual hideaways and its angelic coastline which is ‘love at first sight’ for surfers, divers, swimmers and sun-soakers.
The small village is located on the south of Bali’s map which gives it its romantic ‘sunset and sunrise’ beaches and a brilliant view of the Bali Sea to the west and the Benoa waters to the east. The weather is Kuta’s highlight and you can be sure to touch sunny sands most of the time when you visit.
Kuta takes pride in its culture and nature and you will find a loving melange of religions, history, art and nature like no other place in Indonesia. Inspite of a streak of wild-side, Kuta is simple in many aspects- good food and plenty of ultra-chic malls and holistic spas. And while the coastline beckons everyone during the day, the nightlife is not without its own charm.
Kuta is one of the prime tourist getaways and whether you want to experience its mystique or simply want to have your own ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ moment, the small village will leave you enchanted for sure!
Today, the city in Bali magically transforms into what you want it to be, be it a minimalistic, wholesome, raw side of Indonesiaor a luxurious holiday! And this very charm is why you can scoop out more secrets of Kuta every time you visit! When here, be prepared to take in its ‘small –world’ charm with its parallel urban universe!
Kuta Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Kuta tips for your visit
Time Zone- UTC + 8 hours
Currency- IDR (Indonesian Rupiah)
Electricity and Internet:
- Standard Voltage in Indonesia is 230 V, Frequency is50 Hz and the Power socket used is type C / F.
- Bali is known for its frequent power cuts but most hotels do have enough backup.
Internet: Most of the hotels in Kuta provide internet service although high speed internet is pretty debatable on this side of the globe.
Languages- Balinese, Bahasa Indonesian. English is Bali’s third language after Indonesian and Balinese.
- Main Emergency: 112 (like 911)
- Ambulance: 118
- Search & Rescue: 111, 115, 151
- Police: 110
- Fire Department: 113
If you have a mobile with Local SIM dial 0361 (South Bali) first.If you have International SIM dial +62 361 first or you can call from landline by directly dialing the emergency number.
Off-beaten Path: Try the local delicacy ‘Bakso’ soup as you come across small stalls parked around streets and beaches.
Do see a cock fight when in Bali and see the local orchestra ‘Gamelan’ perform accompanied with the Barong dancers.
Tipping- Most of the restaurants add a service tax to the bill and therefore no extra tipping is customary. However, you can tip house-keeping and staff boys at your hotel if you want to.
- Be alert as to where you drink Arak. There are incidents where a few vendors have mixed methanol in Arak which makes it cheaper and can cause some serious health issues.
- Keep an eye out for commissioned drivers if you plan on hiring someone to drive you around Kuta. They are commissioned to take you to specific restaurants and hotels only.
- If you are travelling long distances by Taxi, stick to Bluebird and Bali Taksi and always pay only meter charges.
- Exchange currency only at authorized exchange centers.
- Brush up your bargaining skills to get a good deal at local markets.
- Be aware of ‘Free tours’ which end with the guide asking for donations.
- When visiting Temples, everyone should cover their legs and shoulders and dress modestly and do wear a sash around the waist. Menstruating women are asked to not enter the temple.
- When visiting Mosques, do make sure you are properly covered and avoid shorts. Cover bare shoulders, arms and head and make sure you do not disturb fellow visitors.
- Do know that Public nudity in Bali is not allowed.
- When entering in a house in Kuta, do remove your shoes outside and don’t forget to carry a small gift when invited to anyone’s home.
- Handshaking is common to greet but make sure you are not pointing at people with your fingers (use your thumb instead)
- Public display of affection between men and women is objectionable.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Kuta and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Kuta- Know before you go to Kuta
Facts and Stats for Kuta*
Pollution Statistics in Kuta
Know the pollution level of Kuta before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 69.64 (High)
Water Pollution 50 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 42.86 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 53.57 (Moderate)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 42.86 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 69.64 (High)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 57.14 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 42.86 (Moderate)
Kuta: Crime and Safety
How safe is Kuta for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Kuta.
Burglary and Theft 38.64 (Low)
Mugging and Robbery 31.82 (Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 17.5 (Very Low)
Corruption and Bribery 72.73 (High)
Car Stealing 9.09 (Very Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 34.09 (Low)
Attacks 36.36 (Low)
Drug offense 25 (Low)
Safety walking alone during daylight 93.18 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 65.91 (High)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 18.18 (Very Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 9.09 (Very Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 38.64 (Low)
Living in Kuta - Quality of Life
Safety Index 68.79 (High)
Pollution Index 68.72 (High)
Traffic Commute Time Index 35.33 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 43.4 (Very Low)
Health Care Index 50 (Moderate)
Property Price to Income Ratio 19.23 (Very High)
Purchasing Power Index 39.47 (Very Low)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Kuta
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Kuta
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.15 USD
International Movie per seat 4.36 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 32.68 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 72.63 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 48.42 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Kuta Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Kuta
Kuta Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Kuta
New on TripHobo Duration: 4 Hrs
Explore the back streets of Kuta on the back of a motorbike on this half day, small group food tour. Your shore excursion wil...
USD 105Book Now
6 Reviews Duration: 2 Hrs
Private airport transfer service from Denpasar Ngurah Rai International Airport to hotels located in Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, ...
USD 17Book Now
Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
This 90-minute treatment focuses on ancient Asian medicine and Western holistic philosophies. Tropical elixirs, and a touch o...
USD 55Book Now
2 Reviews Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
Practice yoga toward gaining inner peace and physical balance by combining Hatha and Vinayasa Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation ...
USD 10Book Now
- Cities Near Kuta
- Bali Tourism
- Tegalalang Tourism
- Bangli Tourism
- Jembrana Tourism
- Gradjagan Tourism
- Cluring Tourism
- Bulurejo Tourism
- Bangorejo Tourism
- Siliragung Tourism
- Top cities from Indonesia
- Bintan Island Tourism
- Jakarta Tourism
- Batam Island Tourism
- Manado Tourism
- Bandung Tourism
- Yogyakarta Tourism
- Bontang Tourism
- Depok Tourism
- Palembang Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Paris Tourism
- Prague Tourism
- Rome Tourism
- Rio De Janeiro Tourism
- London Tourism
- Miami Tourism
- New Britain Tourism
- Innsbruck Tourism
- West Hartford Tourism