Gion DistrictCurrently Open
- Address: Gion, Kyoto, Japan
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Restaurant, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Town, Neighborhoods
Gion District - Review
Gion is Kyoto's most famous geisha district! There, as simple as that! However, this district, located around Shijo Avenue between Yasaka Shrine in the east and the Kamo River in the west, is also well known for its collection of old school streets defined by their old wooden buildings, teahouses and exclusive Japanese restaurants. Many of the restaurants and ochaya (teahouses) in Gion have Geiko (Kyoto dialect for geisha) and Maiko (geiko apprentices) entertaining the guests. Another scenic part of Gion is the Shirakawa Area which runs along the Shirakawa Canal. The canal is lined by willow trees, high class restaurants and ochaya. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kyoto itinerary 7 days.
Gion District Information
- Be polite to the geishas and ask for their permission before clicking photographs of them.
How To reach Gion District by Public Transport
- Gion bus stop
- Gion Shijo Station
Restaurants Near Gion District
- Gion Karyo
- Kagizen Yoshifusa
- Gion kisaragi takashi
- Yorozu' engaku yorozuenraku
- Wa no shoku-za tama
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gion District
95% of people who visit Kyoto include Gion District in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
32.03% of people start their Gion District visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gion District
87.01% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gion District
Gion District Map
Gion District Trips
1 View10 Days 9 Nights10 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka-shi from JakartBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka
1 View14 Days 13 Nights14 Day Trip to Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka-shi, Sapporo-shBy: Guest UserCity: Nagasaki, Kyoto, Osaka, Tokyo, Aomori, Sapporo-shi
Gion District, Kyoto Reviews
All QuestionsGion district
- Parrocchia S. Bartolomeo
- Parrocchia Di Brenta P
- Parrocchia S. Maria Di Liessa Abitazione Del Parroco
- Parrocchia Natività Di Maria V.
- Cooperativa Sociale Airone Società Cooperativa A Mutualità Prevalente
- Kokopelli Camping
- San Liberatore A Maiella Società Cooperativa A R.L.
- Mb Group SNC Di Brincivalli E. & C.
- Museo Demoantropologico I Vecchi Mestieri
- Monastero Immacolata
- Parrocchia S. Leone Magno
- Monastero Di Maria Immacolata