Higashi Honganji164 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Japan, 〒600-8505 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, Shimogyo Ward, 烏丸通七条上る常葉町754 Map
- Timings: 05:50 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +81-753719181
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
The Eastern Temple of the Original Vow, the Higashi Honganji is a good place to experience Japanese Buddhism. The temple’s main hall is the largest wooden structure in the city and is dedicated to Shinran. Located next to the Goeido (main hall) is the spectacular Amidado Hall which is dedicated to the Amida Buddha. Together with Nishi Honganji, these two shrines are called the Hoganji temples and are a must visit for anyone going to Kyoto.
Higashi Honganji Travel Tips
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Don’t forget to remove your footwear before entering the premises.
- It is recommended to wear conservative clothing.
How to Reach Higashi Honganji
- Kyoto Station
- Kyoto Station bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Higashi Honganji Address: Japan, 〒600-8505 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, Shimogyo Ward, 烏丸通七条上る常葉町754
- Higashi Honganji Contact Number: +81-753719181
- Higashi Honganji Timing: 05:50 am - 05:30 pm
- Best time to visit Higashi Honganji(preferred time): 07:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Higashi Honganji: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
1.33% of people who visit Kyoto include Higashi Honganji in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
38.46% of people start their Higashi Honganji visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Higashi Honganji
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Higashi Honganji
People normally club together Shimogamo Shrine and Tofukuji Temple while planning their visit to Higashi Honganji.