Honen-in102 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 30 Goshonodan-cho, Shishigatani, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
- Timings: 06:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-757712420
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
A picturesque temple, everything about the Honen-in is charming, right from the approach road to its moss covered gate to the actual temple itself. Established in the year 1680, the temple honours Honen who was the founder of the Jodo sect. A popular hanami in Kyoto, the temple is a must visit during April to witness spectacular cherry blossoms. The main hall of the temple, Hojo Hall, houses paintings by famous artist Kano Mitsunobu. However, the hall is open to the public only during the first two weeks of April. Plan your visit accordingly.
Honen-in Travel Tips
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Don’t forget to remove your footwear before entering the premises.
- It is recommended to wear conservative clothing.
How to Reach Honen-in
- Ginkaku-ji-michi Bus Stop.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.9% of people who visit Kyoto include Honen-in in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
62.5% of people start their Honen-in visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Honen-in
85.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Honen-in