How to Reach Kyoto
HOW TO GET TO KYOTO
- By Air: The nearest airport to Kyoto is the Osaka International Airport. One can travel from Osaka to Kyoto in an airport limousine bus.
- By Train: Kyoto is connected to Tokyo by the JR Tokaido Shinkansen (Kyoto to Tokyo bullet train).
- By Road: Kyoto is connected by road to the rest of the country via the Meishin Expressway. If you are travelling by bus or rented car, this the road to take.
HOW TO GET AROUND KYOTO
- By Subway: Kyoto has two subway lines that travel north to south and east to west within the city.
- By Bus: The bus system in Kyoto is extensive and well connected.
- By Train: Travelling around Kyoto is easier due to its train network. The city is served by six train lines.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available and are reasonably priced.
- By Bicycle: Kyoto has been featured on the list of ‘World’s best bicycle cities’. Rent a bicycle and explore the city at your own pace.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kyoto. The most preferred mode of transport in Kyoto is Walking.
Average distance: 9.83 km Average time: 33.33 min
Walking 66.67%Walking 16.25 min Train 4.75 min Waiting 3.25 min Tram 2.5 min Overall average time for 4.75 kms 26.75 min
Train/Metro 33.33%Train 26.5 min Walking 12.5 min Waiting 7.5 min Overall average time for 20 kms 46.5 min