How to Reach Kyoto
HOW TO GET TO KYOTO
- By Air: The nearest airport to Kyoto is the Osaka International Airport. One can travel from Osaka to Kyoto in an airport limousine bus.
- By Train: Kyoto is connected to Tokyo by the JR Tokaido Shinkansen (Kyoto to Tokyo bullet train).
- By Road: Kyoto is connected by road to the rest of the country via the Meishin Expressway. If you are travelling by bus or rented car, this the road to take.
HOW TO GET AROUND KYOTO
- By Subway: Kyoto has two subway lines that travel north to south and east to west within the city.
- By Bus: The bus system in Kyoto is extensive and well connected.
- By Train: Travelling around Kyoto is easier due to its train network. The city is served by six train lines.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available and are reasonably priced.
- By Bicycle: Kyoto has been featured on the list of ‘World’s best bicycle cities’. Rent a bicycle and explore the city at your own pace.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kyoto. The most preferred mode of transport in Kyoto is Walking.
Average distance: 6.67 km Average time: 24.33 min
Walking 66.67%Walking 15 min Train 7.5 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 5 kms 27.5 min
Train/Metro 33.33%Train 8 min Waiting 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 10 kms 18 min
|Kusatsu to Kyoto||22.12 km||22 mins|
|Shijonawate to Kyoto||25.11 km||25 mins|
|Nara to Kyoto||26.98 km||26 mins|
|Osaka-shi to Kyoto||37.99 km||37 mins|
|Fujiidera to Kyoto||39.18 km||39 mins|
|Sakai to Kyoto||46.21 km||46 mins|
|Ayabe to Kyoto||60.44 km||1 hour 46 mins|
|Fukuchiyama to Kyoto||74.16 km||1 hour 14 mins|
|Kobe to Kyoto||75.77 km||1 hour 15 mins|
|Echizen to Kyoto||84.82 km||1 hour 24 mins|