How to Reach Kyoto
How to reach Kyoto
HOW TO GET TO KYOTO
- By Air: The nearest airport to Kyoto is the Osaka International Airport. One can travel from Osaka to Kyoto in an airport limousine bus.
- By Train: Kyoto is connected to Tokyo by the JR Tokaido Shinkansen (Kyoto to Tokyo bullet train).
- By Road: Kyoto is connected by road to the rest of the country via the Meishin Expressway. If you are travelling by bus or rented car, this the road to take.
HOW TO GET AROUND KYOTO
- By Subway: Kyoto has two subway lines that travel north to south and east to west within the city.
- By Bus: The bus system in Kyoto is extensive and well connected.
- By Train: Travelling around Kyoto is easier due to its train network. The city is served by six train lines.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available and are reasonably priced.
- By Bicycle: Kyoto has been featured on the list of ‘World’s best bicycle cities’. Rent a bicycle and explore the city at your own pace.
Modes of Transportation in Kyoto
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Kyoto. The most preferred mode of transport in Kyoto is Walking.
Average distance: 6.67 km Average time: 24.33 min
Walking 66.67%Walking 15 min Train 7.5 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 5 kms 27.5 min
Train/Metro 33.33%Train 8 min Waiting 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 10 kms 18 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Himeji
- How To Reach Sendai-shi
- How To Reach Nagaoka
- How To Reach Takayama
- How To Reach Chiba
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Tokyo
- How To Reach Osaka
- How To Reach Nara
- How To Reach Hiroshima
- How To Reach Nagoya-shi
- How To Reach Narita
- How To Reach Kanazawa-shi
- How To Reach Nikko
- How To Reach Hakone
- How To Reach Sapporo-shi