Jingo Ji1 Vote Currently Open
- Address: 5 Takao-cho, Umegahata, Ukyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-758611769
- Ticket Price: 500 JPY
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Located on Mount Takao, the Jingoji Temple is a beautiful temple adhering to Shingon Buddhism. Established in the year 824, the temple is home to many National Treasures of Japan including statues, sculptures, paintings and writings. Must see structures and buildings within the temple premises include:
- The Bell tower
- Daishi-do and
Jingo Ji Travel Tips
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Don’t forget to remove your footwear before entering the premises.
- It is recommended to wear conservative clothing.
- A flight of stairs needs to be climbed to access the temple thus rendering it wheelchair inaccessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Jingo Ji
- Adults: 500 yen
- Elementary school children: 200 yen
How to Reach Jingo Ji
- Yamashiro Takao Bus Stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.