Kiyomizu-dera8082 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 294 Kiyomizu 1-chome, Higashiyama Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 605-0862, Japan
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-755511234
- Ticket Price: 400 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Landmark, Family And Kids
Established in the year 778, the Kiyomizu-dera is located halfway up the Otowa Mountain in eastern Kyoko. Having an intriguing history, the temple has burned down many times. Most of the current buildings were rebuilt by the third Shogun Tokugawa Iemitsu in the early 1630s. The Main Hall (Hondo) of the temple is designated as a national treasure. It holds the temple's primary object of worship, a small statue of the eleven faced, thousand armed Kannon Bodhisattva. The Kiyomizu-dera is one of the most celebrated temples of Japan. In the year 1994, the temple was added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kyoto itinerary 7 days.
Kiyomizu-dera Travel Tips
- They also have special night opening timings. Check official website for season and timings.
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Don’t forget to remove your footwear before entering the premises.
- It is recommended to wear conservative clothing.
Entrance Ticket Details For Kiyomizu-dera
- For Ordinary opening Hours- Adults: ¥300, Students: ¥200
- For Special Night opening Hours- Adults: ¥400, Students: ¥200
- Seasonal closing timings apply. Please check official website for timings before planning a visit.
How to Reach Kiyomizu-dera
- Gojozaka bus stop
- Higashiyama Gojo bus stop
- Kiyomizu Gojo railway Station
- Kawahara Sakaeyama
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.
71.5% of people who visit Kyoto include Kiyomizu-dera in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
39.81% of people start their Kiyomizu-dera visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Kiyomizu-dera
93.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kiyomizu-dera