National Museum Of Modern ArtCurrently Closed
- Address: National Museum of Modern Art Kyoto, Okazaki Enshoji-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-757614111
- Ticket Price: 430 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
National Museum Of Modern Art - Review
Established in 1963, the National Museum of Modern Art, aka MOMAK, exhibits selected works of nihonga (Japanese-style painting), yoga (Western-style painting), prints, sculpture, crafts (ceramics, textiles, metalworks, wood and bamboo works, lacquers and jewelry) and photographs. Like the beautiful exhibits, the museum building is also a work of art. Its premises were designed by Pritzker Prize-winning Japanese architect Fumihiko Maki. Each year, MOMAK presents approximately seven touring or standalone exhibitions in addition to around 20 exhibitions from the museum’s extensive collection.
National Museum Of Modern Art Ticket Prices
- The price of admission for special and travelling exhibitions differ between each exhibition.
- Adults: ¥430, University students: ¥130
- Free entry for children under eighteen years and Seniors sixty five years and above.
- Also free entry for people with special needs.
- Group discounts applicable for groups of 20 people or more.
National Museum Of Modern Art Opening and Closing Hours
- Last admission at 4.30 pm.
- Frequently, the museum has extended hours every Friday during special and travelling exhibitions until 9pm with last admission at 8.30pm.
How To reach National Museum Of Modern Art by Public Transport
- Kyoto Kaikan Bijutsukan-mae bus stop
- Higashiyama subway Station
Restaurants Near National Museum Of Modern Art
- Cafe within the museum premises.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National Museum Of Modern Art
15.01% of people who visit Kyoto include National Museum Of Modern Art in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
47.08% of people start their National Museum Of Modern Art visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see National Museum Of Modern Art
92.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Modern Art
National Museum Of Modern Art Map
National Museum Of Modern Art Trips
National Museum Of Modern Art, Kyoto Reviews
I like it! The great work of the japanese people is shown here! (And yes, some european stuff, too)
It was a nice facility with a very small collection of books. It also had se beautiful displays of MODERN art - not contemporary art.
They have the Van Gogh expedition here thru 3/4 so it was nice to see a lot of his work here in one location. Way crowded when the museum opens in the morning. We're talking about at least 3-4 rows of people as you walk to view each painting so best to go in the afternoon. We came out and no line. Enjoy!!!
Permanent collection is one floor and generally underwhelming but includes a few interesting pieces. Disappointed at the value for money given only this one floor was open when we visited. Might be worth it when there is an interesting exhibition on too. There is a good view of the big red gate which is an added bonus.
Great place close to big temple. Perfect to see contrast between old and modern.