National Museum Of Modern ArtCurrently Closed
- Address: National Museum of Modern Art Kyoto, Okazaki Enshoji-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-757614111
- Ticket Price: 430 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts
National Museum Of Modern Art - Review
Established in 1963, the National Museum of Modern Art, aka MOMAK, exhibits selected works of nihonga (Japanese-style painting), yoga (Western-style painting), prints, sculpture, crafts (ceramics, textiles, metalworks, wood and bamboo works, lacquers and jewelry) and photographs. Like the beautiful exhibits, the museum building is also a work of art. Its premises were designed by Pritzker Prize-winning Japanese architect Fumihiko Maki. Each year, MOMAK presents approximately seven touring or standalone exhibitions in addition to around 20 exhibitions from the museum’s extensive collection.
National Museum Of Modern Art Ticket Prices
- The price of admission for special and travelling exhibitions differ between each exhibition.
- Adults: ¥430, University students: ¥130
- Free entry for children under eighteen years and Seniors sixty five years and above.
- Also free entry for people with special needs.
- Group discounts applicable for groups of 20 people or more.
National Museum Of Modern Art Hours
- Last admission at 4.30 pm.
- Frequently, the museum has extended hours every Friday during special and travelling exhibitions until 9pm with last admission at 8.30pm.
How To reach National Museum Of Modern Art by Public Transport
- Kyoto Kaikan Bijutsukan-mae bus stop
- Higashiyama subway Station
Restaurants Near National Museum Of Modern Art
- Cafe within the museum premises.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting National Museum Of Modern Art
8.68% of people who visit Kyoto include National Museum Of Modern Art in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
54.17% of people start their National Museum Of Modern Art visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see National Museum Of Modern Art
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting National Museum Of Modern Art
National Museum Of Modern Art Trips
National Museum Of Modern Art, Kyoto Reviews
Liken da pretty hang out with nice little ladies. Sushi make me smile.
Small collection; pieces studying shape of objects that correspond more to university students than to a museum collection. The building is beautifully designed, and does deserve a visit.
They have great masterpieces of contemprorary artist. If you interested in modern art it worth to visit
It was a nice facility with a very small collection of books. It also had se beautiful displays of MODERN art - not contemporary art.