Nijo Castle6359 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 541 Nijojocho, Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 604-8301, Japan Map
- Timings: 08:45 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-758410096
- Ticket Price: 600 JPY
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The Nijo Castle was constructed in 1603 as the residence of Tokugawa Ieyasu (the first shogun of the Edo Period). The Castle is divided into three areas- the Honmaru (main circle of defence), the Ninomaru (secondary circle of defence) and the gardens that surround the Honmaru and Ninomaru. The architecturally gorgeous Ninomaru Palace has beautiful paintings on its walls and sliding doors. Located at the site of the former Honmaru Palace, destroyed by fire in the 18th century, is the current Honmaru Palace. It is an important Cultural Property of Japan. In the gardens, you will find Cherry trees, around 400 of them! During the Cherry blossom season, the Castle is a must visit. The Nijo Castle was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the year 1994.
Nijo Castle defines the historical grandeur of Kyoto, a city known for is royal history. The castle looks resplendent when enveloped by cherry trees and offers you the most exquisite view ever. Being one of the most historical structures of the city, Nijo CastleTickets are always in demand by tourists who visit Kyoto. Tickets for Nijo Castlecan easily be obtained from the counter, however, if you wish to take up history from a close, you can buy tickets for Nijo Castletours to have an insightful session. Along with offering you an easy access and guided session, the tour also offers you Nijo Castle ticket prices at slashed prices. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Kyoto itinerary 7 days.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nijo Castle
- General- ¥600.
- Junior and Senior High School Students- ¥350.
- Elementary School Students- ¥200.
Nijo Castle Hours
- Last entry at 4 pm.
- Entry to Ninomaru is from 9 am to 4 pm.
How to Reach Nijo Castle
- Nijo Train station
- Nijo Subway stop
- Horikawa Dori bus stop
- Kyassuru geto
- Kafe resutoran koji
- Kyo ryori sushi jomon
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Nijo Castle Address: 541 Nijojocho, Nakagyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 604-8301, Japan
- Nijo Castle Contact Number: +81-758410096
- Nijo Castle Timing: 08:45 am - 05:00 pm
- Nijo Castle Price: 600 JPY
- Best time to visit Nijo Castle(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Nijo Castle: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
51.41% of people who visit Kyoto include Nijo Castle in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
52.93% of people start their Nijo Castle visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Nijo Castle
90.95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nijo Castle
People normally club together Ryoan-ji and Nishiki Market while planning their visit to Nijo Castle.