Rokuharamitsu JiCurrently Open
- Address: Japan, Yubinbango605-0933 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, Higashiyama -ku, Matsubaradori Yamatooji HigashiIri 2 -chome, potter's wheel -cho 81-1
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-755616980
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Statue, Family And Kids
Sitting at the edge of what was once Kyoto’s largest graveyard, the Rokuharamitsuji Temple was founded in the year 963. Belonging to the Chizen branch of the Shingon sect, a tall statue of Kannon welcomes visitors to the temple. A part of the Saigoku Kannon pilgrimage, the temple is known for its treasure house which has a lot of priceless artefacts.
Rokuharamitsu Ji Travel Tips
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Don’t forget to remove your footwear before entering the premises.
- It is recommended to wear conservative clothing.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rokuharamitsu Ji
- Museum Ticket: 600 yen
Rokuharamitsu Ji Hours
- Museum: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
How to Reach Rokuharamitsu Ji
- Kiyomizu-Gojo Station
- Gion-Shijo Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.