Seimei Shrine78 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Japan, 〒602-8222 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, Kamigyo Ward, Horikawa Tsuichi Article on Le, 806. Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-754416460
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids
Seimei Jinja or Seimei Shrine is one of the most famous shrines in Japan! Although small in size, the shrine is famous because of the person it commemorates, yin-yang master Abe no Seimei. He is the main subject of many popular Japanese novels and comic books and thus, people from all across Japan come to visit this shrine and pay their respects.
Trivia: there are over 16 types of charms sold at the temple. These charms are said to contain the power of the deity and have the ability to fulfil your desires. Do buy one if you want some of your wishes to come true!
Seimei Shrine Travel Tips
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Don’t forget to remove your footwear before entering the premises.
- It is recommended to wear conservative clothing.
How to Reach Seimei Shrine
- City Bus Stop Ichijo Modoribashi Seimeijinja-mae
- City Bus Stop Horikawa Imadegawa
- Karasuma-Imadegawa subway station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Seimei Shrine Address: Japan, 〒602-8222 Kyoto Prefecture, Kyoto, Kamigyo Ward, Horikawa Tsuichi Article on Le, 806.
- Seimei Shrine Contact Number: +81-754416460
- Seimei Shrine Timing: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Seimei Shrine(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Time required to visit Seimei Shrine: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.63% of people who visit Kyoto include Seimei Shrine in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
35.71% of people start their Seimei Shrine visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Seimei Shrine
91.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Seimei Shrine
People normally club together Demachiyanagi Station and Maruyama Park while planning their visit to Seimei Shrine.