Suzumushi-dera Temple45 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 31 Matsumurojikecho, Nishikyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 615-8294, Japan Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +81-753813830
- Ticket Price: 500 JPY
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
Welcoming visitors to the sounds of thousands of crickets chirping, the Kegonji temple, popularly known as the Suzumushi Temple was established in the year 1723 as a temple of the Kegon sect of Buddhism. Apart from the gentle songs and rhythms of the crickets, another attraction of the temple is its well kept and beautiful garden.
Trivia: Thanks to a priest who loved the sounds of crickets chirping, after many years of breeding and training crickets on its premises, the Kegonji received its present nickname-Suzumushi-dera- “Cricket Temple”.
Suzumushi-dera Temple Travel Tips
- The entrance fee also includes tea and snacks.
- It is an active place of worship. Please maintain the tranquillity of the place.
- Don’t forget to remove your footwear before entering the premises.
- It is recommended to wear conservative clothing.
- Avoid visiting during national holidays and Golden week as the temple tends to get very crowded.
Entrance Ticket Details For Suzumushi-dera Temple
- Adults: 500 yen
- Children: 300 yen
Suzumushi-dera Temple Hours
- Last entry at 4.30 pm.
How to Reach Suzumushi-dera Temple
- Hankyu Arashiyama Line Matsuo Station
- Matsuo Taisha bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Kyoto before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Kyoto and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Suzumushi-dera Temple Address: 31 Matsumurojikecho, Nishikyo Ward, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture 615-8294, Japan
- Suzumushi-dera Temple Contact Number: +81-753813830
- Suzumushi-dera Temple Timing: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Suzumushi-dera Temple Price: 500 JPY
- Best time to visit Suzumushi-dera Temple(preferred time): 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Suzumushi-dera Temple: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.36% of people who visit Kyoto include Suzumushi-dera Temple in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
66.67% of people start their Suzumushi-dera Temple visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Suzumushi-dera Temple
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Suzumushi-dera Temple
People normally club together Gio-ji Temple and Myoshin-ji Temple while planning their visit to Suzumushi-dera Temple.